Mipham Rinpoche channels Weinstein:

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
PeterC

Re: Mipham Rinpoche channels Weinstein:

Post by PeterC » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:19 am

Snowbear wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:38 am

There actually wasn’t a #MeToo movement back then for displeased/violated women to come out against Kunley.
Relevance?

I was talking about the probability that a guru displaying his activities is more likely to be genuine or a fraud. I didn't bring up #MeToo, but you have done so repeatedly in this thread: what's your point?

And on Marpa/Mila - my point was that if being a lay practitioner and a qualified vajra master is hard, which it is, how much more so to engage in the activities that CTR/OM/DK engaged in. The point stands regardless of what Mila's attainments were.

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:09 am

PeterC wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:19 am
Snowbear wrote:

There actually wasn’t a #MeToo movement back then for displeased/violated women to come out against Kunley.
Relevance?

I was talking about the probability that a guru displaying his activities is more likely to be genuine or a fraud. I didn't bring up #MeToo, but you have done so repeatedly in this thread: what's your point?

And on Marpa/Mila - my point was that if being a lay practitioner and a qualified vajra master is hard, which it is, how much more so to engage in the activities that CTR/OM/DK engaged in. The point stands regardless of what Mila's attainments were.
I think he/she just really enjoys arguing.

Snowbear

Post by Snowbear » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:23 am

PeterC wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:19 am
Snowbear wrote:

Relevance?

Meaning when you take the fantastical embellishments from that story away there ain't no difference between Kunley, Trungpa, or Mipham. The erratic behavior is part of tradition.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:29 am

I'm locking this.
"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”