Daily Practice

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Eddo

Daily Practice

Post by Eddo »

What is the daily practice of a lay Tibetan Buddhist?
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Daily Practice

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Eddo wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:07 am What is the daily practice of a lay Tibetan Buddhist?
Whatever you have received from your teacher and want to focus on. Some people do ngöndro, some do yidam, some do zhine. But the best practice is guru yoga. Have you received guru yoga meditation practice?
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.
javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t »

I would also say that being conscious should be an interrupted practice. Dayli practices can't be more important than this.
Eddo

Post by Eddo »

Miroku wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:30 am
Eddo wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:07 am What is the daily practice of a lay Tibetan Buddhist?
Whatever you have received from your teacher and want to focus on. Some people do ngöndro, some do yidam, some do zhine. But the best practice is guru yoga. Have you received guru yoga meditation practice?
No not as yet, I am still quite new. I have only been practicing since february. Still doing lots of research and learning as of now
Josef

Post by Josef »

bodhicitta
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.
philji

Post by philji »

Don't rush too far ahead of be swayed by people in here. Begin with simple practices that you can maintain...refuge, four immeasurable and maybe look into the four noble truths and six paramitas. ..learning, reflecting and meditating.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Eddo wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:55 pm
Miroku wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:30 am
No not as yet, I am still quite new. I have only been practicing since february. Still doing lots of research and learning as of now
Okay. Then do slowly a research, try to find what teacher fits you the most and good luck. :) Maybe have small sessions where you will do shamatha with refuge and bodhicitta at the beginning and dedication at the end. Few minutes is enoug. Or you can try to to 7 limb prayer so you have more merit and maybe find teacher soon. In anyway good luck and do not worry. There is an amazing amount of practices that can be done that are safe and great in all stages. Like josef said bodhicitta is the best.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Lately, I've been trying to use these instructions as a basis for my daily practice:
The everyday practice is simply to develop a complete acceptance and openness to all situations and emotions and to all people, experiencing everything totally without mental reservations and blockages, so that one never withdraws or centralizes onto oneself.
and
The everyday practice is just ordinary life itself.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Eddo

Post by Eddo »

Thanks all

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”