Kriya Practices

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Grigoris
Global Moderator

Re: Kriya Practices

Post by Grigoris » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:07 am

amanitamusc wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:50 am
You guys are make me hungry.Guess what i'm having?
Lab grown bacon and unfertilised factory farm eggs? And then off for your Kriya Yoga practice. :tongue:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:12 am

Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:03 am
Since it was not around it could not be prohibited, which is pretty obvious. Eggs were........
Not factory farm eggs.
you introduced a differentiation which is effectively seeking to change the prohibition
I am having a discussion, feel free to not take part in it.
...which I think is a matter for each person to talk through with their Guru and not arbitrarily go against the teachings.
I just expressed my personal opinion. That's all.

You still have not answered to the question about lab grown meat. Allowed or not allowed?

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 am

Grigoris wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:12 am

You still have not answered to the question about lab grown meat. Allowed or not allowed?
I don't know enough about it to answer one way or the other. Personally, I think it is a ridiculous quest when there are lots of other sources already available.

If people must feel as if they are eating a carcass then I'd say this at least 'seems' to avoid being connected with killing, but only if it has absolutely no connection with animal sources and is totally artificial in origin. And that I doubt.

If it is entirely artificial then it is no more meat than soya milk is milk and the question re. meat is irrelevant.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:07 am

Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 am
If people must feel as if they are eating a carcass then I'd say this at least 'seems' to avoid being connected with killing, but only if it has absolutely no connection with animal sources and is totally artificial in origin. And that I doubt.
It is meat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultured_meat

"Cultured meat, also called clean meat, synthetic meat or in vitro meat, is meat grown from in vitro animals cell culture instead of from slaughtered animals. It is a form of cellular agriculture."

So is it allowed in Kriya Yoga or not? Of course you are not going to find answers in scripture, so I guess you are going to have to rely on logic, discussion and analysis and "make up your own rules based on what you imagine they mean". :roll:

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am

Grigoris wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:07 am
Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 am
It is meat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultured_meat

"Cultured meat, also called clean meat, synthetic meat or in vitro meat, is meat grown from in vitro animals cell culture instead of from slaughtered animals. It is a form of cellular agriculture."

So is it allowed in Kriya Yoga or not? Of course you are not going to find answers in scripture, so I guess you are going to have to rely on logic, discussion and analysis and "make up your own rules based on what you imagine they mean". :roll:
Unlike with eggs. Eggs is eggs. ;)
You don't get to change that. Finis.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:25 am

Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am
I can change whatever I want, for myself. Especially if I can see no logical reason not to. Up until now you have not provided a logical reason (just appeals to authority), nor have you answered to my questions. So I am terminating my conversation with you.

Mantrik

Post by Mantrik » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:50 am

Grigoris wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:25 am
Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am
I can change whatever I want, for myself. Especially if I can see no logical reason not to. Up until now you have not provided a logical reason (just appeals to authority), nor have you answered to my questions. So I am terminating my conversation with you.

You ask an unrelated question and don't like my answer so you're off in a huff because I didn't play your game? Ok.

'I can change whatever I want'.......

Well, good luck with that as a personal practice method.

But I have every right to disagree with you when you are posting what will inevitably be treated as advice when posted in response to an OP asking for guidance.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:56 am

Mantrik wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:50 am
You ask an unrelated question and don't like my answer so you're off in a huff because I didn't play your game? Ok.
No, because I am not interested in the game you are playing.
Well, good luck with that as a personal practice method.
Thank you.
But I have every right to disagree with you when you are posting...
Indeed you do.
...what will inevitably be treated as advice when posted in response to an OP asking for guidance.
Caveat emptor.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”