Lung Needed for Narak Kong Shak?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Dorje Shedrub

Lung Needed for Narak Kong Shak?

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Can the Narak Kong Shak prayer from the Narak Dongtruk ('Emptying the Lower Realms from their Very Depths') be said without lung?

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Norwegian

Re: Lung Needed for Narak Kong Shak?

Post by Norwegian »

This is a practice that you definitely need empowerment and transmission for.
pael

Post by pael »

May all gurus, Buddhas, and deities bless me to have this transmission.
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Motova

Post by Motova »

pael wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:48 am May all gurus, Buddhas, and deities bless me to have this transmission.
:twothumbsup:
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Motova

Post by Motova »

pael wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:48 am May all gurus, Buddhas, and deities bless me to have this transmission.
"The Narak Dongtrul Tantra, or Narak Kong Shak, has special features. [First], it enables us to purify any kind of breakage, regardless of how much time has elapsed. [Second], all the different categories of breakages may be purified not only by the one who committed the action, but also by somebody practising on his or her behalf."

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... _Kong_Shak

Maybe you can ask some people here to do it for you until you can receive the transmission. :smile:
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.
Pero

Post by Pero »

Norwegian wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:01 am This is a practice that you definitely need empowerment and transmission for.
If I recall correctly a previous discussion it was said that you can do this practice even without the lung since it's a confessional one.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

I am wondering if you can just do the main prayers calling the deities and confessing since there is no transformation. Would having Shitro transmission make a difference? Or would they not be effective without the full practice, entailing offerings?

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”