Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
PSM

Re: Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Post by PSM »

pael wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:43 am
philji wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:57 pm Rinpoche will shortly give these very same teachings at GOMDE Denmark and GOMDE UK.
http://www.gomde.org.uk/chokyi-nyima-rinpoche-p-60.html
Webcast?
Gomde UK has a pretty poor internet connection, so I'd be surprised.
TrimePema

Re: Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Post by TrimePema »

anybody know of a sadhana form of the latter songs (I think 5, 6, 7)? I can compile the quotes but I am hesitant to do so unless it's never been done before for no reason (I imagine there is a sadhana or at least a good reason why there isnt)...
Or not even a "sadhana" but just a pithy, practical version...
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

TrimePema wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:22 am anybody know of a sadhana form of the latter songs (I think 5, 6, 7)? I can compile the quotes but I am hesitant to do so unless it's never been done before for no reason (I imagine there is a sadhana or at least a good reason why there isnt)...
They are not meant to be a single practice all together.
PSM

Post by PSM »

The UK seminar on this was genuinely life changing. :bow:
heart

Post by heart »

TrimePema wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:22 am anybody know of a sadhana form of the latter songs (I think 5, 6, 7)? I can compile the quotes but I am hesitant to do so unless it's never been done before for no reason (I imagine there is a sadhana or at least a good reason why there isnt)...
I think not, but you should really ask Rinpoche about that. In the old "Union of Mahamudra and Dzogchen" he kind of gives the instruction according to the "concise daily practice" from Tukdrub Barche Kunsel. In that text you are Guru Rinpoche with Chenresig above and above Chenresig is Amitayus so all aspects could be applied. It is a very short practice.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
TrimePema

Post by TrimePema »

Aryjna wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:56 am
Not sure how this is helpful or related to what I said.

I'll ask Rinpoche.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

TrimePema wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:26 am

I'll ask Rinpoche.
You asked if the songs are availble in sadhana form and I said they are not meant as a single practice, so they would not be available in sadhana form all together. How is it not related to what you said?
TrimePema

Post by TrimePema »

Aryjna wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:29 am

I'll ask Rinpoche.
You asked if the songs are availble in sadhana form and I said they are not meant as a single practice, so they would not be available in sadhana form all together. How is it not related to what you said?
I mean you are definitely right, it's just that you didn't present it in a way that gave an answer.

I asked about a version separating the practice lines from the logic lines. It wouldn't need to be practiced "all together." It would just be "all together" as in collected into one spot, where it is easily accessible and doesn't require flipping through 20 pages of verse for 10 verses of practice instruction. Regardless of if it's meant to be practiced all together or not, it shouldn't mean that it is not meant to be separated into practice instructions, altogether...

For clarity, Rinpoche said during the teachings that there are no associated practices outside of the text connected to this (not sure what session). This means there is no sadhana. Lama Gerry said the sadhana-like parts of the text have not been separated out into a separate text. This means there is no collection of the concise instructions. Rinpoche did not talk about how to integrate the practices into daily practice, although the songs are clear in parts about what frequencies they should be practiced at.

My understanding now is that the entire songs should be used until the practices are clear enough to be done through memory.
Aryjna

Post by Aryjna »

TrimePema wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:43 am
Aryjna wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:29 am

I'll ask Rinpoche.
I mean you are definitely right, it's just that you didn't present it in a way that gave an answer.

I asked about a version separating the practice lines from the logic lines. It wouldn't need to be practiced "all together." It would just be "all together" as in collected into one spot, where it is easily accessible and doesn't require flipping through 20 pages of verse for 10 verses of practice instruction. Regardless of if it's meant to be practiced all together or not, it shouldn't mean that it is not meant to be separated into practice instructions, altogether...

For clarity, Rinpoche said during the teachings that there are no associated practices outside of the text connected to this (not sure what session). This means there is no sadhana. Lama Gerry said the sadhana-like parts of the text have not been separated out into a separate text. This means there is no collection of the concise instructions. Rinpoche did not talk about how to integrate the practices into daily practice, although the songs are clear in parts about what frequencies they should be practiced at.

My understanding now is that the entire songs should be used until the practices are clear enough to be done through memory.
As far as I underatand it is advice that can be applied to one's practice in general. If someone wants to practice exactly as described there must be many sadhanas, not related to this particular text, that fit and are easy to get.
TrimePema

Post by TrimePema »

There is also a longer text by Karma Chagme in which he outlines the details of this path to be followed in retreat format. I'll have to look there, I think.
gomdeGA

Post by gomdeGA »

Hello!

Whoever watched these teachings online last summer might be interested to hear that Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche will come to Gomde Germany- Austria (where the teachings were streamed from) again this winter from 2- 6 th of January. They might not be streamed online, but you can see them live.

Registration will be open soon at gomde.eu

All the best!
pael

Post by pael »

gomdeGA wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:45 pm Hello!

Whoever watched these teachings online last summer might be interested to hear that Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche will come to Gomde Germany- Austria (where the teachings were streamed from) again this winter from 2- 6 th of January. They might not be streamed online, but you can see them live.

All the best!
Please ask him to stream these online, I pray.
May all beings be free from suffering and causes of suffering
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

The union of water and H20... :smile:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

gomdeGA wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:45 pm Hello!

All the best!
Thank you! Are there any details available yet?
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”