Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
PSM

Re: Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Post by PSM »

Anyone else having problems with the stream cutting out more than yesterday?
amanitamusc

Re: Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche - online seminar on the "Union of Dzogchen & Mahamudra"

Post by amanitamusc »

Yes choppy a bit more.As it went on yester it got better and when CNR gave the lung
it was very clear!
It got better when they sped up the German translation.
Last edited by amanitamusc on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSM

Post by PSM »

Hmmmm the FB stream seems to be more reliable today.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

I feel Rinpoche is very patient.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

PSM wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:16 am Hmmmm the FB stream seems to be more reliable today.
It has cleared up nicely as it did last night.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

So is there going to be a second session? Do we know the time?
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
PSM

Post by PSM »

amanitamusc wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:00 am I feel Rinpoche is very patient.
He is the kindest person I have ever met. He also has a remarkable level of intuition with people and situations. Even Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche himself would often ask him for advice due to his abilities.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

stay tuned.
PSM

Post by PSM »

Back on!
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Yes a very great Lama indeed! :twothumbsup:
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Somebody said the replay was available on the Dharma Sun website. I can't seem to find it on the website, does anyone have a link?
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:31 pm Somebody said the replay was available on the Dharma Sun website. I can't seem to find it on the website, does anyone have a link?
You need to be logged into the website, then go here: https://dharmasun.org/courses/mahamudra-dzogchen/

You may need to register and pay for the full seminar as well, I'm not too sure. I've paid, so maybe that's why I can see the recordings.

I'd say it well worth it though, you can pay on a sliding scale, and it will allow you to also watch the second half of the retreat, which isn't being webcast openly. I think it's pretty likely Rinpoche will go much more in-depth into Mahamudra/Dzogchen in the second half, and also give pointing out instructions.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Having connection problems getting into Dharma sun site.Anyone else?
Manju

Post by Manju »

It´s on again.
3rd day.

Manju
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Periscope up.Back on!
treehuggingoctopus

Confusing. What are the hours? Was there a second session on Saturday? On the website there are two Saturday videos, and I could swear there was no mention of the second session...

Edmond Jabès
dharmafootsteps

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:02 pm Confusing. What are the hours? Was there a second session on Saturday? On the website there are two Saturday videos, and I could swear there was no mention of the second session...
There are supposed to be two sessions with a short break in between. But on the first day Rinpoche kept going, making it one big session. They still split it in two for the recordings though.

I don't think there's a set time for the end of the first session/start of the second session. Rinpoche's style is to speak till he's done, whenever that happens to be. Then they take a little break before starting the next session.
treehuggingoctopus

Thanks. So the very first session ended with the lung, right?

Edmond Jabès
dharmafootsteps

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:29 pm Thanks. So the very first session ended with the lung, right?
Yep, that's right.
treehuggingoctopus

Thanks!

Edmond Jabès

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”