Lama Tsultrim Allione & Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Palzang Jangchub

Lama Tsultrim Allione & Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Has anyone else heard that these two had a falling out? Can anyone point me to resources that say why if it is true? Not interested in maligning anyone, just want to have all the facts. As I've said before, I've been considering doing work-study or applying for a job out there at Tara Mandala, so i feel like i kinda need to know this stuff to be able to make an informed decision.

:thanks:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
jet.urgyen

Re: Lama Tsultrim Allione & Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche

Post by jet.urgyen »

hi pal, what's your source?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Palzang Jangchub

My Inji friend Pema who lives in India. He's a student of Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche. Asked me not to share Tara Mandala stuff with him on FB when i messaged him about the recent FYD Pilot Study vid, and when i asked why not he told me.

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:16 pm My Inji friend Pema who lives in India. He's a student of Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche. Asked me not to share Tara Mandala stuff with him on FB when i messaged him about the recent FYD Pilot Study vid, and when i asked why not he told me.
oh, and what's his source?

pd: i don't want to annoy haha just asking, because i don't know much

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Palzang Jangchub

He's a student of Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche. He didn't give a source, so it may have been firsthand. Don't you think if i had a source i would provide it here? That was the whole reason for the thread: to ask for source material on this...

Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:02 pm He's a student of Gangteng Tulku Rinpoche. He didn't give a source, so it may have been firsthand. Don't you think if i had a source i would provide it here? That was the whole reason for the thread: to ask for source material on this...
It would probably be best then if you were to ask him and get the details since he's the one who told you.

Why would it affect your working at Tara Mandala? Do you have a dharmic connection with Gangteng tulku rinpoche?
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Palzang Jangchub

Yes, because it didn't occur to me to ask him. C'mon, folks. If you can't answer my question, why bother responding just to state the obvious?

And no, i don't have a particular connection to Gangteng Rinpoche specifically. However, there is a certain amount of the Peling terma in Drikung from what i understand, so I wouldn't want to burn that bridge. Lama Tsultrim is recognized as a reincarnation of Machik Labdrön, and one of my practices is Chöd...

Are we seeing why i would like to be better informed about this bad blood yet?

:focus:

Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:51 pm Yes, because it didn't occur to me to ask him. C'mon, folks. If you can't answer my question, why bother responding just to state the obvious?
Right, but why people are stating the obvious is because it is in fact obvious.

In a way you set that up, because essentially instead of asking your friend for the details, not sure if you're uncomfortable to message them again about this? You brought it to the public eye that two popular teachers have a conflict according to your friend.

People on this forum are students of both teachers, and obviously despite you not wanting to malign any teacher, you have opened up a can of worms.

So when people do not have the information, the ball will inevitably fall back into your court to get more details, now that the waters have been disturbed, again, by your original post.

It would have been more skillful to FIRST ask your friend for details and quietly deal with the realities yourself.

Why is it so? Because as we can see in these days, there is a lot of conflict, and there is a lot of hurt and even anger in Vajrayana circles concerning various controversies.

In these situations of One teacher VS another, rarely does it seem people change their minds, rather students side with their teacher, and then develop negative views about the other, and vice versa. Or perhaps they lose faith, and leave the dharma all together. It really just muddies the waters.

As a fellow concerned with sharing the dharma with others ( in some capacity) it is wise to think about the effect our posts might have, and what we might dig up. For a personal curiosity, it can become a problem for many other beings who are studying under their own prospective teachers.

I say it not for the sake of critique, but rather to say that it was perhaps a bit irresponsible to do. For the concern of other students, and their own paths.

I have sent you a PM.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Palzang Jangchub

Perhaps there are others out there like me who have interest in one or both teachers who desire to be informed so that they can make up their own minds. If the teachers didn't want news of their conflict spreading, perhaps they should've avoided the conflict in the first place.

Personally, in light of all the scandals, i think we need to start holding our teachers (Tibetan, Inji, and otherwise) to higher standards and ask them to step off their thrones. Maybe even get rid of the thrones altogether and have some transparency for a change. Hiding the truth only makes it more hurtful when it finally sees the light of day.

Kris

Post by Kris »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Not sure why you don't just ask your friend. :shrug:
No offense.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
Palzang Jangchub

I did.

:coffee:

philji

Post by philji »

So now a large number of people have been drawn into some conflict based on hearsay. Has anything good come out of this yet???
mechashivaz

Post by mechashivaz »

philji wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:34 pm So now a large number of people have been drawn into some conflict based on hearsay. Has anything good come out of this yet???
:rolling: :tongue:

Who's in conflict? It's just that: hearsay. I'd not invest a single thing in this unless heard from a definitive source.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Palzang Jangchub wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:51 pm Yes, because it didn't occur to me to ask him. C'mon, folks. If you can't answer my question, why bother responding just to state the obvious?

And no, i don't have a particular connection to Gangteng Rinpoche specifically. However, there is a certain amount of the Peling terma in Drikung from what i understand, so I wouldn't want to burn that bridge. Lama Tsultrim is recognized as a reincarnation of Machik Labdrön, and one of my practices is Chöd...

Pal, reason is that practitioners now and/or in the future might not know how to deal, what to do in such circumstance, for that reason one day they will search and eventually find this thread.

sometimes questions seems annoying, but there is no thing much obvious regarding dharma. Your question is precious and valid at mi sight, it can bring benefit even in such controversial matter if done right as you are doing, with caution.

it is interesting that no position should be taken before knowing the true, isn't it?

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

A topic based on gossip and hearsay, with no particular goal except to generate doubt and dissension.

Thread locked and will stay locked, for obvious reasons.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”