incense concoction

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
jet.urgyen

incense concoction

Post by jet.urgyen »

Hello,

Does anyone have a reference on substances and proportions of incenses used in outer and also innter tantras? is there any reference on this recipes? :reading:

Thank you!
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Re: incense concoction

Post by Mantrik »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:12 am Hello,

Does anyone have a reference on substances and proportions of incenses used in outer and also innter tantras? is there any reference on this recipes? :reading:

Thank you!
I'm guessing this may vary according to the school. For DC maybe get in touch with SSI and see if they have any guidance, Dzam store etc. ?
I always stick with plant based resins, powders etc. so even suitable for nagas.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Mantrik wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:12 am Hello,

Thank you!
I'm guessing this may vary according to the school. For DC maybe get in touch with SSI and see if they have any guidance, Dzam store etc. ?
I always stick with plant based resins, powders etc. so even suitable for nagas.
I think more or less the same.

SSI seems very busy, it is more or less difficult to get an answer in that way. I have asked a few bro's here but they don't know.

i agree that suitable incense materials are the 100% natural. Some market incense have petrol derivates for combustion, aromatic essence solute, etc. and substances with fertilizing traces in general. Now, the 100% natural is too rare to do, so the closest to it, the better.

btw: i have made a few sticks, yesterday to be precise, of pure cypress and cellulose, i'm wondering if there are the precise recipes used in TB. Otherwise i will have to do experiments haha :/

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:33 pm
Mantrik wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:12 am .........................................

btw: i have made a few sticks, yesterday to be precise, of pure cypress and cellulose, i'm wondering if there are the precise recipes used in TB. Otherwise i will have to do experiments haha :/
what did you use as glue?
or: how did you made that the incredients stick together, or stick on wood?!?
Lost In Transmission
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

lelopa wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:17 am

used

aromatic: natural cypress leaves, dried and then pulverized.
glue: carboxymethyl cellulose.
and a little bit of saltpeter.

nothing else, but i'm just testing.

it and burned well, so maybe is better to take off the saltpeter, and also use Tragacanth gum which is natural and was really what i wanted to use.

pd: got it together using a pastry nozzle and disposable bag. and push!

lelopa

Post by lelopa »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:04 am
lelopa wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:17 am

used

aromatic: natural cypress leaves, dried and then pulverized.
glue: carboxymethyl cellulose.
and a little bit of saltpeter.

nothing else, but i'm just testing.

it and burned well, so maybe is better to take off the saltpeter, and also use Tragacanth gum which is natural and was really what i wanted to use.

pd: got it together using a pastry nozzle and disposable bag. and push!
:thanks:
:cheers:
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”