Remedy Gyalpo

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
User avatar
Nyedrag Yeshe
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:06 am
Location: Brazil

Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm

What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Knotty Veneer
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Knotty Veneer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:39 pm

It's only a dream. It does not have any significance. Any ritual you do will only solidify what is neither real or important.

Don't let yourself worry about it. Just forget about it.
“If you are going to put people on pedestals, at least wear a big hat” - Jake Thackray.

User avatar
Grigoris
Global Moderator
Posts: 18010
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Grigoris » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm
What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
Depends on your capacity and the strength of the spirit.

Best bet is to appease via offerings. If you try to forcefully overcome the gyalpo and do not have the power to pull it off, you will only piss it off and make things worse.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm
What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
shri dharmapala puja
what are you doing

User avatar
Josef
Posts: 2228
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Josef » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:08 pm

Cultivate Bodhicitta
Kye ma!
The river of continuity is marked by impermanence.
Ceaseless flowing of appearance.
Beautiful and repulsive.
The dance of life and death is a display of the vast expanse.
With gratitude the watcher and the watched pass through the barrier of duality.

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1728
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Mantrik » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm
What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
Maybe let's take a step back:

Are you sure they were Gyalpo spirits?
Was there an experience which may have led to the dream?
Have you a relationship with a Gyalpo spirit in your practise?

That would lead to an answer which could range from simply forgetting about it to making important changes to your practice and environment.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

User avatar
Nyedrag Yeshe
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:06 am
Location: Brazil

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:18 pm
Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm
What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
Maybe let's take a step back:

Are you sure they were Gyalpo spirits?
Was there an experience which may have led to the dream?
Have you a relationship with a Gyalpo spirit in your practise?

That would lead to an answer which could range from simply forgetting about it to making important changes to your practice and environment.
I never practiced any gyalpo myself! But I have very a close friend who actually has, and had some book from a teacher who promotes a famous gyalpo spirit! I was always adamant to my friend and other people about my opinions against gyalpo practice.

In the dream, a lama who I checked his website vey often, who also happens to do this practice, appeared, together with a disciple who appeared to be possessed by a powerful entity. The same lama tried speaking to him, then the entity said that it would show his "power to him". I identified in the dream itself that this was the gyalpo speaking!
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

User avatar
Mantrik
Posts: 1728
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:55 pm
Contact:

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Mantrik » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:18 pm
Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm
What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
Maybe let's take a step back:

Are you sure they were Gyalpo spirits?
Was there an experience which may have led to the dream?
Have you a relationship with a Gyalpo spirit in your practise?

That would lead to an answer which could range from simply forgetting about it to making important changes to your practice and environment.

I never practiced any gyalpo myself! But I have very a close friend who actually has, and had some book from a teacher who promotes a famous gyalpo spirit! I was always adamant to my friend and other people about my opinions against gyalpo practice.

In the dream, a lama who I checked his website vey often, who also happens to do this practice, appeared, together with a disciple who appeared to be possessed by a powerful entity. The same lama tried speaking to him, then the entity said that it would show his "power to him". I identified in the dream itself that this was the gyalpo speaking!
Ok. Thanks :)
The picture is now much clearer.
I would advise your friend to get rid of the book.
I think I know who the Lama may be and the Dodgy Shag-done spirit he propitiates.

Those who have offended this spirit are the only ones with any cause to seek a remedy, but if it concerns you I would suggest a few alternatives.

The practices of Guru Dragphur and Nyenpo Lha Sum (Garuda, Hayagriva, Vajrapani) are very good as protections, as is the practice of your own Dharmapala.

If you have a Yidam it may simple be sufficient to call on them to surround you with protective compassion which extends outwards to the Gyalpo spirit and the errant Lama. If you have no particular Yidam then asking Tara for such protection and to appear in your dreams is always good.
No malicious spirit ever overcame a mind of true compassion.
http://www.khyung.com

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Knotty Veneer
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Knotty Veneer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:10 pm

Still think you may be attributing more significance than is necessary to a dream.

Follow the advice in your message footer. It's all fine, let it be.

You run the risk of disturbing your peace of mind by indulging this belief. I do not think the other advice here is helpful even if the motivation of those posting it is genuine.
“If you are going to put people on pedestals, at least wear a big hat” - Jake Thackray.

User avatar
Nyedrag Yeshe
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:06 am
Location: Brazil

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Mantrik wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 pm
Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:18 pm


Maybe let's take a step back:

Are you sure they were Gyalpo spirits?
Was there an experience which may have led to the dream?
Have you a relationship with a Gyalpo spirit in your practise?

That would lead to an answer which could range from simply forgetting about it to making important changes to your practice and environment.

I never practiced any gyalpo myself! But I have very a close friend who actually has, and had some book from a teacher who promotes a famous gyalpo spirit! I was always adamant to my friend and other people about my opinions against gyalpo practice.

In the dream, a lama who I checked his website vey often, who also happens to do this practice, appeared, together with a disciple who appeared to be possessed by a powerful entity. The same lama tried speaking to him, then the entity said that it would show his "power to him". I identified in the dream itself that this was the gyalpo speaking!
Ok. Thanks :)
The picture is now much clearer.
I would advise your friend to get rid of the book.
I think I know who the Lama may be and the Dodgy Shag-done spirit he propitiates.

Those who have offended this spirit are the only ones with any cause to seek a remedy, but if it concerns you I would suggest a few alternatives.

The practices of Guru Dragphur and Nyenpo Lha Sum (Garuda, Hayagriva, Vajrapani) are very good as protections, as is the practice of your own Dharmapala.

If you have a Yidam it may simple be sufficient to call on them to surround you with protective compassion which extends outwards to the Gyalpo spirit and the errant Lama. If you have no particular Yidam then asking Tara for such protection and to appear in your dreams is always good.
No malicious spirit ever overcame a mind of true compassion.
Thank you! Yes, the generation stage indeed helps with any kind of external harm, as the spirit would see the yidam instead of myself as an ordinary person. My concern is exactly that as a beginner, I haven't stabilized it yet! I will do many of your recommendations though!

As a matter of fact, I owned the book, then I wasn't even remotely aware of the fact of the author being a gyalpo practitioner!
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 pm
Mantrik wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:18 pm
Nyedrag Yeshe wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm
What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
Maybe let's take a step back:

Are you sure they were Gyalpo spirits?
Was there an experience which may have led to the dream?
Have you a relationship with a Gyalpo spirit in your practise?

That would lead to an answer which could range from simply forgetting about it to making important changes to your practice and environment.
I never practiced any gyalpo myself! But I have very a close friend who actually has, and had some book from a teacher who promotes a famous gyalpo spirit! I was always adamant to my friend and other people about my opinions against gyalpo practice.

In the dream, a lama who I checked his website vey often, who also happens to do this practice, appeared, together with a disciple who appeared to be possessed by a powerful entity. The same lama tried speaking to him, then the entity said that it would show his "power to him". I identified in the dream itself that this was the gyalpo speaking!
it doesn't matter if you didn't practiced that stuff, people who have did received their strength and are bound to them to influence their surroundings... even if they are unconcious of that.

don't get too nervous, burn the shit (if it's yours) and step aside from those people. there are good reasons for that.

you can do a dharmaphala practice for a few days if you feel in trouble. you'll be fine.
what are you doing

User avatar
Empty Desire
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 am

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Empty Desire » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:52 pm

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:04 pm
it doesn't matter if you didn't practiced that stuff, people who have did received their strength and are bound to them to influence their surroundings... even if they are unconcious of that.

don't get too nervous, burn the shit (if it's yours) and step aside from those people. there are good reasons for that.

you can do a dharmaphala practice for a few days if you feel in trouble. you'll be fine.
:good:
No Beginning, No End, Just Mind......

Attachment's True Face is Aversion....

User avatar
Sonam Wangchug
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Sonam Wangchug » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 am

The Dudjom tersar Gyalpo protection amulet would be good to place on your door, however, I don't know where they are selling them, perhaps someone here will know.

Lhasa
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 am

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Lhasa » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:44 am

Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 am
The Dudjom tersar Gyalpo protection amulet would be good to place on your door, however, I don't know where they are selling them, perhaps someone here will know.
This one?
Image

User avatar
Sonam Wangchug
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Sonam Wangchug » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:33 am

Lhasa wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:44 am
Sonam Wangchug wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 am
The Dudjom tersar Gyalpo protection amulet would be good to place on your door, however, I don't know where they are selling them, perhaps someone here will know.
This one?
Image
Yes

Lhasa
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 am

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Lhasa » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 am

I wonder if having this downloaded on a computer will offer protection from nasty things on the internet.

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 am

Lhasa wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 am
I wonder if having this downloaded on a computer will offer protection from nasty things on the internet.
google search "X -voldemort" excludes voldemort results :toilet: :rolling:
what are you doing

Lhasa
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:51 am

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Lhasa » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:36 am

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 am
Lhasa wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 am
I wonder if having this downloaded on a computer will offer protection from nasty things on the internet.
google search "X -voldemort" excludes voldemort results :toilet: :rolling:
Sorry, what?

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:32 pm

Lhasa wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:36 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 am
Lhasa wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 am
I wonder if having this downloaded on a computer will offer protection from nasty things on the internet.
google search "X -voldemort" excludes voldemort results :toilet: :rolling:
Sorry, what?
haha it's a way to exclude nasty search resulrs on google.
what are you doing

pemachophel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Location: Lafayette, CO

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by pemachophel » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:12 pm

The Gyalpo sung-khor (protection amulet) needs to be consecrated. I doubt if it will provide much protection by simply downloading it from the Internet. Maybe some just due to dependent arising.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Post Reply

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests