Remedy Gyalpo

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Nyedrag Yeshe

Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe »

What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
Knotty Veneer

Re: Remedy Gyalpo

Post by Knotty Veneer »

It's only a dream. It does not have any significance. Any ritual you do will only solidify what is neither real or important.

Don't let yourself worry about it. Just forget about it.
This is not the wrong life.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
Depends on your capacity and the strength of the spirit.

Best bet is to appease via offerings. If you try to forcefully overcome the gyalpo and do not have the power to pull it off, you will only piss it off and make things worse.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:31 pm What can remedial activities be done after having strange dreams with some Gyalpo entities? Any tips?
shri dharmapala puja
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Cultivate Bodhicitta
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Maybe let's take a step back:

Are you sure they were Gyalpo spirits?
Was there an experience which may have led to the dream?
Have you a relationship with a Gyalpo spirit in your practise?

That would lead to an answer which could range from simply forgetting about it to making important changes to your practice and environment.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Nyedrag Yeshe

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe »

Mantrik wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:18 pm

That would lead to an answer which could range from simply forgetting about it to making important changes to your practice and environment.
I never practiced any gyalpo myself! But I have very a close friend who actually has, and had some book from a teacher who promotes a famous gyalpo spirit! I was always adamant to my friend and other people about my opinions against gyalpo practice.

In the dream, a lama who I checked his website vey often, who also happens to do this practice, appeared, together with a disciple who appeared to be possessed by a powerful entity. The same lama tried speaking to him, then the entity said that it would show his "power to him". I identified in the dream itself that this was the gyalpo speaking!
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Nyedrag Yeshe wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 pm

I never practiced any gyalpo myself! But I have very a close friend who actually has, and had some book from a teacher who promotes a famous gyalpo spirit! I was always adamant to my friend and other people about my opinions against gyalpo practice.

In the dream, a lama who I checked his website vey often, who also happens to do this practice, appeared, together with a disciple who appeared to be possessed by a powerful entity. The same lama tried speaking to him, then the entity said that it would show his "power to him". I identified in the dream itself that this was the gyalpo speaking!
Ok. Thanks :)
The picture is now much clearer.
I would advise your friend to get rid of the book.
I think I know who the Lama may be and the Dodgy Shag-done spirit he propitiates.

Those who have offended this spirit are the only ones with any cause to seek a remedy, but if it concerns you I would suggest a few alternatives.

The practices of Guru Dragphur and Nyenpo Lha Sum (Garuda, Hayagriva, Vajrapani) are very good as protections, as is the practice of your own Dharmapala.

If you have a Yidam it may simple be sufficient to call on them to surround you with protective compassion which extends outwards to the Gyalpo spirit and the errant Lama. If you have no particular Yidam then asking Tara for such protection and to appear in your dreams is always good.
No malicious spirit ever overcame a mind of true compassion.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

Still think you may be attributing more significance than is necessary to a dream.

Follow the advice in your message footer. It's all fine, let it be.

You run the risk of disturbing your peace of mind by indulging this belief. I do not think the other advice here is helpful even if the motivation of those posting it is genuine.
This is not the wrong life.
Nyedrag Yeshe

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe »

Mantrik wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 pm

Ok. Thanks :)
The picture is now much clearer.
I would advise your friend to get rid of the book.
I think I know who the Lama may be and the Dodgy Shag-done spirit he propitiates.

Those who have offended this spirit are the only ones with any cause to seek a remedy, but if it concerns you I would suggest a few alternatives.

The practices of Guru Dragphur and Nyenpo Lha Sum (Garuda, Hayagriva, Vajrapani) are very good as protections, as is the practice of your own Dharmapala.

If you have a Yidam it may simple be sufficient to call on them to surround you with protective compassion which extends outwards to the Gyalpo spirit and the errant Lama. If you have no particular Yidam then asking Tara for such protection and to appear in your dreams is always good.
No malicious spirit ever overcame a mind of true compassion.
Thank you! Yes, the generation stage indeed helps with any kind of external harm, as the spirit would see the yidam instead of myself as an ordinary person. My concern is exactly that as a beginner, I haven't stabilized it yet! I will do many of your recommendations though!

As a matter of fact, I owned the book, then I wasn't even remotely aware of the fact of the author being a gyalpo practitioner!
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

it doesn't matter if you didn't practiced that stuff, people who have did received their strength and are bound to them to influence their surroundings... even if they are unconcious of that.

don't get too nervous, burn the shit (if it's yours) and step aside from those people. there are good reasons for that.

you can do a dharmaphala practice for a few days if you feel in trouble. you'll be fine.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:04 pm it doesn't matter if you didn't practiced that stuff, people who have did received their strength and are bound to them to influence their surroundings... even if they are unconcious of that.

don't get too nervous, burn the shit (if it's yours) and step aside from those people. there are good reasons for that.

you can do a dharmaphala practice for a few days if you feel in trouble. you'll be fine.
:good:
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

The Dudjom tersar Gyalpo protection amulet would be good to place on your door, however, I don't know where they are selling them, perhaps someone here will know.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Sonam Wangchug wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 am The Dudjom tersar Gyalpo protection amulet would be good to place on your door, however, I don't know where they are selling them, perhaps someone here will know.
This one?
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Lhasa wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:44 am
Sonam Wangchug wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 am The Dudjom tersar Gyalpo protection amulet would be good to place on your door, however, I don't know where they are selling them, perhaps someone here will know.
This one?
Yes
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

I wonder if having this downloaded on a computer will offer protection from nasty things on the internet.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Lhasa wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 am I wonder if having this downloaded on a computer will offer protection from nasty things on the internet.
google search "X -voldemort" excludes voldemort results :toilet: :rolling:

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 am
Lhasa wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:24 am I wonder if having this downloaded on a computer will offer protection from nasty things on the internet.
Sorry, what?
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Lhasa wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:36 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:33 am
Sorry, what?
haha it's a way to exclude nasty search resulrs on google.

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

The Gyalpo sung-khor (protection amulet) needs to be consecrated. I doubt if it will provide much protection by simply downloading it from the Internet. Maybe some just due to dependent arising.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”