Tara’s Triple Excellence

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Dvs

Tara’s Triple Excellence

Post by Dvs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Greetings,

I hope this finds you all well. I would like to hear from people using this program "Tara’s Triple Excellence" through DharmaSun.

How do you like the program?
If you have questions do you have access to Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche or a senior students?
I noticed this is a 2 year or so program, with Ngondro. This seems to be a very short non-traditional Ngondro practice in this path.
Do you find that this is a complete path to liberation?
What happens when you finish the program?

Thanks! :smile:

philji

Re: Tara’s Triple Excellence

Post by philji » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi. I have been practicing the T.T.E. Program for a number of years. So firstly it will be more than a 2 year program. It is arranged in modules with an equal emphasis on study and practice. The first excellence focuses on foundational teachings...e.g. Four mind changings, Four noble Truths , Refuge.
Second excellence focus on loving kindness and compassion( the beginning of Mahayana path), also on the six paramitas with a lot of time working on each one. In particular paramitas of meditation and wisdom.
Third excellence is the gateway to vajrayana, using Tara sadhana as a tool...you move gradually through outer sadhana, inner sadhan a and then secret sadhana...Following this moving towards mahamudra and dzogchen.
However there is a deep.connection throughout with mahamudra and dzogchen
Somewhere in the third excellence there will be a Tara based ngondro also( haven't got there yet).
It is an amazing program , I have found it very helpful and brings everything into perspective.
There are regular video q& a with Lama Tenzin and additional input from Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche.

Dvs

Post by Dvs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 pm

philji wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:33 pm
Hi. I have been practicing the T.T.E. Program for a number of years. So firstly it will be more than a 2 year program. It is arranged in modules with an equal emphasis on study and practice. The first excellence focuses on foundational teachings...e.g. Four mind changings, Four noble Truths , Refuge.
Second excellence focus on loving kindness and compassion( the beginning of Mahayana path), also on the six paramitas with a lot of time working on each one. In particular paramitas of meditation and wisdom.
Third excellence is the gateway to vajrayana, using Tara sadhana as a tool...you move gradually through outer sadhana, inner sadhan a and then secret sadhana...Following this moving towards mahamudra and dzogchen.
However there is a deep.connection throughout with mahamudra and dzogchen
Somewhere in the third excellence there will be a Tara based ngondro also( haven't got there yet).
It is an amazing program , I have found it very helpful and brings everything into perspective.
There are regular video q& a with Lama Tenzin and additional input from Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche.
Hi Philji,

Thanks for the reply, it's greatly appreciated. Are you able to setup times through out the year to meet with Lama Tenzin and Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche to further your studies? Or is this just all online no personal access.

I have trepidation learning from videos only. If you are going to invest all this time to a practices, I would like to have access personal access to them.

philji

Post by philji » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi
Glad the info was helpful. Of course nothing beats personal access to a teacher and depending on where you live this just means trying to get to somewhere they are teaching. Both Chokyi Nyima Rinloche and Lama Tenzin travel quite a lot in summer months so hopefully you could meet them. Lama Tenzin holds regular retreats based on TTE at all the Gomde centres.
Failing that you may be able to set up a Skype meeting with LamaTenzin( who is by the way a fabulous teacher).

Terma

Post by Terma » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Dvs wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:35 pm
Greetings,

I hope this finds you all well. I would like to hear from people using this program "Tara’s Triple Excellence" through DharmaSun.

How do you like the program?
If you have questions do you have access to Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche or a senior students?
I noticed this is a 2 year or so program, with Ngondro. This seems to be a very short non-traditional Ngondro practice in this path.
Do you find that this is a complete path to liberation?
What happens when you finish the program?

Thanks! :smile:
PM'd...

Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 pm

In terms of very accessible, lamrim structured, Yidam centric programs, it's gold standard. Well balanced and integrated. Mileage will vary in terms of whether the online medium sits well with you or not.

Dvs

Post by Dvs » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:35 am

Dharmaswede wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:54 pm
In terms of very accessible, lamrim structured, Yidam centric programs, it's gold standard. Well balanced and integrated. Mileage will vary in terms of whether the online medium sits well with you or not.
Thanks for the replies everyone it's greatly appreciated.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”