I am looking for a good translation of Thangtong Gyalpo's Chenrezig sadhana. What are some good ones?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.

Terma

Re: I am looking for a good translation of Thangtong Gyalpo's Chenrezig sadhana. What are some good ones?

Post by Terma » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:47 pm

I got mine from the Namse Bogdzo book store at KTD monastery in New York. The is the normal version as well as a very short version you can get. That is if you like the traditional pecha texts that is. Sorry, I am no good at posting links here.

Edit: I did not know that this commentary could be found in book form. Wonderful! I have a pdf of a teaching given according to this commentary and my own guru did a teaching based on the very same commentary.

But yes, this is the Sadhana that you are asking about. A wonderful practice, actually!

conebeckham

Re: I am looking for a good translation of Thangtong Gyalpo's Chenrezig sadhana. What are some good ones?

Post by conebeckham » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:10 pm

དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

dapub5

Post by dapub5 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:14 am

Terma wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:47 pm
I got mine from the Namse Bogdzo book store at KTD monastery in New York. The is the normal version as well as a very short version you can get. That is if you like the traditional pecha texts that is. Sorry, I am no good at posting links here.

Edit: I did not know that this commentary could be found in book form. Wonderful! I have a pdf of a teaching given according to this commentary and my own guru did a teaching based on the very same commentary.

But yes, this is the Sadhana that you are asking about. A wonderful practice, actually!
Thank you so much! I also found a whole bunch of sadhanas that piqued my interest!

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”