Takdrol, Gau and etc.

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Miroku

Takdrol, Gau and etc.

Post by Miroku » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:35 pm

Hi,

sorry for the weird name. However, the situation is as follows. I have received from a friend some blessed pills from Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche which can also serve as liberation upon wearing if I am correct and since I have a nice collection of blessed objects now, I thought it would be nice to have something small to put them into and wear it. However, classical gau is kinda bit too big and unpractical for such things. Would it be possible to cut away small piece of the pill and put it into a plastic and put it into some kind of pendant that is way smaller? Do you have some suggestions or experiences?
Child, if you are not hypocritical and out of control, that is conduct.
~ Padampa Sangye

You say such clever things to people, but you do not apply them to yourself.
The faults within you are the ones to be exposed.
~ Padampa Sangye

Sonam Wangchug

Re: Takdrol, Gau and etc.

Post by Sonam Wangchug » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:40 pm

There are many Gau which are quite small and compact. Surely some of them can fit your pill without being too large?

javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Miroku wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:35 pm
Hi,

sorry for the weird name. However, the situation is as follows. I have received from a friend some blessed pills from Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche which can also serve as liberation upon wearing if I am correct and since I have a nice collection of blessed objects now, I thought it would be nice to have something small to put them into and wear it. However, classical gau is kinda bit too big and unpractical for such things. Would it be possible to cut away small piece of the pill and put it into a plastic and put it into some kind of pendant that is way smaller? Do you have some suggestions or experiences?
yes. but i suggest you multiply them, so more people can have such blessing by using in sadhana or conserving, or better, multiplying.
what are you doing

Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Just today in the mall I saw a tiny Gau, no more than 1/2 inch.

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏

Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:52 am

Or pack it out with blessing cords or the like.
All the best
Alex Wilding
Stupa in the Snow blog at http://chagchen.org/

SonamTashi

Post by SonamTashi » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:02 am

Potala Gate has some small Gau lockets:

https://potalagate.com/collections/gau-lockets

I don't know about the dimensions of the others, but I have #19, and it is pretty small, perfect for storing dutsi. However, the locket may or may not have a tendency to open quite easily. I used some superglue to keep mine closed.
:bow: :buddha1: :bow: :anjali: :meditate:

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”