Looking for a practise in Chokyi Nyima Rinpoches lineage

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
HandsomeMonkeyking

Looking for a practise in Chokyi Nyima Rinpoches lineage

Post by HandsomeMonkeyking »

A few months ago I had the luck to meet Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche while he was in Europe.

Now I would like to start some daily practises that they do in that lineage.
Where could I found about such things?

When I was there, there was a certain kind of morning practise, I wonder if I could get an PDF/audio to do this at home?
philji

Re: Looking for a practise in Chokyi Nyima Rinpoches lineage

Post by philji »

This may be helpful, I believe it is done every morning g in the Gomde centres. The links provide explanation and a video of the practice. Not sure if text is lrovided, if not I can send !unborn a text. It is Treasury of Blessings.
https://dharmasun.org/sadhanas-rituals/
Kelwin

Post by Kelwin »

First of all, how wonderful that you met this great master!

In the morning, sometimes it's the practice of Buddha Shakyamuni, called the Treasury of Blessings. This is what's refered to in the link above.

However, there is also the Concise Daily Practice, which is a short guru yoga practice on Guru Rinpoche. This is what has been done most of the mornings during the seminars. Do you remember if you did that one?

Rinpoche also started the Triple Excellence program, which is a complete path including everything, based on Green Tara practice. You can do the whole thing through an online program, it's amazing. He encourages many people to join this, and more info can be found at https://dharmasun.org/tte/ There's a growing community of people practicing daily according to this program, and also several retreats are being organized that are related to it.

Also, never be afraid to send questions to the center you visited. People there are very happy to help with questions about practice.
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Chökyi Nyima Rinpoche holds several lineages, so you might want to narrow your question a bit. I know of at least three: ① He's the recognized reincarnation of Siddha Gar Drubchen and leads his Drikung Kagyu monastery in Tibet. ② His family holds the Chökling Tersar tbru his father, Tulku Urgyen. ③ Most of his monastic training was thru Karma Kagyu.

And according this, his family also holds Barom Kagyu. These days I'm pretty tempted to dilineate by practice, rather than by institutions. But hey, that's just me...

http://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/Chok ... a_Rinpoche

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
heart

Post by heart »

HandsomeMonkeyking wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:04 am A few months ago I had the luck to meet Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche while he was in Europe.

When I was there, there was a certain kind of morning practise, I wonder if I could get an PDF/audio to do this at home?
Where did you participate in the teachings?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
AlexanderS

Post by AlexanderS »

HandsomeMonkeyking wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:04 am A few months ago I had the luck to meet Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche while he was in Europe.

Are there any Rangjung yeshe gomde centers close to you?

Tara's triple exellence online contains pretty much everthing you need.
HandsomeMonkeyking

Post by HandsomeMonkeyking »

heart wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:02 pm

/magnus
Gomde Germany Austria
heart

Post by heart »

HandsomeMonkeyking wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 pm
heart wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:02 pm

/magnus
Gomde Germany Austria
Normally everyone is allowed to participate in practices when they are in Gomde, but to do them on your own you kind of need an empowerment. Well you probably got the empowerment for the evening practice, so you could do that. Part of the morning practice is a Guru Rinpoche practice and you would need an empowerment for that. I would contact Gomde Austria and ask them if you could buy a copy of the morning and evening practice and if you could do it on your own.The text are donation based so not necessary very expensive.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”