Longchenpa OEE?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Thomas Amundsen

Longchenpa OEE?

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

Does anyone know what text would be referred to as OEE?
Screenshot_20181025-133442~2.png
Screenshot_20181025-133442~2.png (219.97 KiB) Viewed 1719 times
billy hudson

Re: Longchenpa OEE?

Post by billy hudson »

There is a discussion of this in the introduction to the Padmakara Translation Group's new translation of "Finding Rest in the Nature of the Mind. They quote from Longchenpa's "An Ocean of Elegant Explanations" (Legs bshad rgya mtsho).
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

where is the screen shot from?
Thomas Amundsen

billy hudson wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:14 am There is a discussion of this in the introduction to the Padmakara Translation Group's new translation of "Finding Rest in the Nature of the Mind. They quote from Longchenpa's "An Ocean of Elegant Explanations" (Legs bshad rgya mtsho).
Thank you! Oddly enough, I just finished reading that book a couple days ago. I didn't recall this title until you mentioned it.

Tibetans lamas write the best titles sometimes. :D
Thomas Amundsen

Lukeinaz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:22 am where is the screen shot from?
It is the Padma Karpo Translation Committee's Online Dictionary, the Illuminator Tibetan-English Encyclopaedic Dictionary. It is a very valuable resource to me, I think it is well worth the expense. There are native desktop app versions as well, but I prefer the web format because I can access it from any device. Lama Tony Duff is quite opinionated, this is no secret. But the amount of information that is presented and how accessible it all is with encyclopedic hyperlinks makes it extremely useful.
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Thomas Amundsen wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:02 am
Lukeinaz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:22 am where is the screen shot from?
It is the Padma Karpo Translation Committee's Online Dictionary, the Illuminator Tibetan-English Encyclopaedic Dictionary. It is a very valuable resource to me, I think it is well worth the expense. There are native desktop app versions as well, but I prefer the web format because I can access it from any device. Lama Tony Duff is quite opinionated, this is no secret. But the amount of information that is presented and how accessible it all is with encyclopedic hyperlinks makes it extremely useful.
sweet thanks man

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”