Green tara practice

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
gyamtsotrinle

Green tara practice

Post by gyamtsotrinle » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 am

Hii friends,

I used to do almost every morning Green Tara practice. I do it before breakfast, because it is said that it is good doing this Tara practice before we ate meat or drink alcohol. But sometimes I do this practice also before noon, and sometimes also evening.Is it mean that I should not eat meat also at the breakfast, or at the dinner since I do this practice before the noon and late evening? It is not my main practice, but since I have time I do also this practice.
Thank you for clarifying

heart

Re: Green tara practice

Post by heart » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:50 am

gyamtsotrinle wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 am
Hii friends,

I used to do almost every morning Green Tara practice. I do it before breakfast, because it is said that it is good doing this Tara practice before we ate meat or drink alcohol. But sometimes I do this practice also before noon, and sometimes also evening.Is it mean that I should not eat meat also at the breakfast, or at the dinner since I do this practice before the noon and late evening? It is not my main practice, but since I have time I do also this practice.
Thank you for clarifying
I would at least brush my teeth and wash my hands and face before starting.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:14 am

gyamtsotrinle wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 am
Hii friends,

Thank you for clarifying
have you asked your teacher about? i think is a good idea to e-mail him :)

in any case, you can imagine the sentient being taking refuge besides you. i don't know, maybe refuge empowered through visualization and mantra have such power to help him/her, send some lights and/or do the practice for it's benefit, and/or dedicate your merits.
"Don't profess a view you haven't realized!
Since the view is devoid of viewing, mind essence is an expanse of great emptiness.
Since the meditation is without meditating, leave your individual experience free from fixation.
Since the conduct is without acting, it is unfabricated naturalness.
Since the fruition is without abandoning or achieving, it is the dharmakaya of great bliss.
These four sentences are words from my heart:
Contradict them and you fail to discover the nature of Ati Yoga."

Guru Padmasambhava.
From "Advice from the Lotus-Born".

gyamtsotrinle

Post by gyamtsotrinle » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:08 am

Thank you for your answers to both of you. Well, my lama is now on the closed retreat:-) Anyway thank you. and all the best.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”