Green tara practice

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
gyamtsotrinle

Green tara practice

Post by gyamtsotrinle »

Hii friends,

I used to do almost every morning Green Tara practice. I do it before breakfast, because it is said that it is good doing this Tara practice before we ate meat or drink alcohol. But sometimes I do this practice also before noon, and sometimes also evening.Is it mean that I should not eat meat also at the breakfast, or at the dinner since I do this practice before the noon and late evening? It is not my main practice, but since I have time I do also this practice.
Thank you for clarifying
heart

Re: Green tara practice

Post by heart »

gyamtsotrinle wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 am Hii friends,

I used to do almost every morning Green Tara practice. I do it before breakfast, because it is said that it is good doing this Tara practice before we ate meat or drink alcohol. But sometimes I do this practice also before noon, and sometimes also evening.Is it mean that I should not eat meat also at the breakfast, or at the dinner since I do this practice before the noon and late evening? It is not my main practice, but since I have time I do also this practice.
Thank you for clarifying
I would at least brush my teeth and wash my hands and face before starting.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

gyamtsotrinle wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 am Hii friends,

Thank you for clarifying
have you asked your teacher about? i think is a good idea to e-mail him :)

in any case, you can imagine the sentient being taking refuge besides you. i don't know, maybe refuge empowered through visualization and mantra have such power to help him/her, send some lights and/or do the practice for it's benefit, and/or dedicate your merits.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
gyamtsotrinle

Post by gyamtsotrinle »

Thank you for your answers to both of you. Well, my lama is now on the closed retreat:-) Anyway thank you. and all the best.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”