What's going on in this video?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Lingpupa

Re: What's going on in this video?

Post by Lingpupa »

Josef wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:06 am
Grigoris wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:42 pm One way to solve the mystery is to identify who the statue is.
Choying Dorje Lama Norsok
Well done! How did you do that? Did you have personal contact?
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Grigoris wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:42 pm One way to solve the mystery is to identify who the statue is.
Thanks Josef. I am not familiar with this teacher. Which lineage/tradition are they from?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
heart

Post by heart »

Grigoris wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:06 am
Thanks Josef. I am not familiar with this teacher. Which lineage/tradition are they from?
You can find some info about him here; http://denverdzogchen.com/teachers.html
Chöying Dorje Lama Norsok Rinpoche was born in the Eastern Tibetan region of Kham to an ordinary farming and herding family. Although from a young age he showed deep interest in spiritual development and meditation, he was never officially recognized as a Tulku, or sacred incarnation.

Spending more than 50 years in strict meditation retreat, Rinpoche became famous as a siddha - one possessing the magical powers born of meditation - and well known throughout Kham as an emanation of Marpa the Translator. Practicing mainly the instructions of the Sakya lineage, he nevertheless received teachings from all schools of Tibetan Buddhism, and in particular took the practice of Dzogchen to the ultimate degree. To simply enter the valley where he lived was to immediately experience the power of his realization. The entire area was pervaded by the empty, clear and awake quality common to many realized practitioners, but to an astonishing degree. To be in his presence was to automatically recognize him as a fully accomplished master and absolutely incredible being.

After a short illness Rinpoche passed away amidst extremely amazing signs in 2010.
/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

heart wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 am
Grigoris wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:06 am

You can find some info about him here; http://denverdzogchen.com/teachers.html
Chöying Dorje Lama Norsok Rinpoche was born in the Eastern Tibetan region of Kham to an ordinary farming and herding family. Although from a young age he showed deep interest in spiritual development and meditation, he was never officially recognized as a Tulku, or sacred incarnation.

Spending more than 50 years in strict meditation retreat, Rinpoche became famous as a siddha - one possessing the magical powers born of meditation - and well known throughout Kham as an emanation of Marpa the Translator. Practicing mainly the instructions of the Sakya lineage, he nevertheless received teachings from all schools of Tibetan Buddhism, and in particular took the practice of Dzogchen to the ultimate degree. To simply enter the valley where he lived was to immediately experience the power of his realization. The entire area was pervaded by the empty, clear and awake quality common to many realized practitioners, but to an astonishing degree. To be in his presence was to automatically recognize him as a fully accomplished master and absolutely incredible being.

After a short illness Rinpoche passed away amidst extremely amazing signs in 2010.
/magnus
Thanks Magnus.

So the claims that it is a Bon gathering are unfounded then.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”