Signing Off

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Malcolm

Signing Off

Post by Malcolm »

Dear Dharma Wheel:

The Buddha advised that when groups of practitioners come to a point where they cannot agree, it is better to separate, resulting in the eighteen schools. This is where we are at now. My relationship with the moderating board has become too fraught for a number of reasons. I am personally sorry that it is has come to this point, but I have done nothing wrong, and have at heart only the interest of people learning and progressing in the true Dharma that exists in the nine yānas the Buddha taught in correspondence with each person's individual inclinations. To that end, I have introduced scores of people to qualified teachers, and answered thousands of questions about all aspects of Dharma to the best of my ability. Now, my sojourn in these waters must come to an end. In the interest of comity, I am permanently signing off. I will not be looking at this board again, so I will see no further personal messages. Those of you who have need to reach me can find me on Facebook.

Thanks for all the fish,

Malcolm
Losal Samten

Re: Signing Off

Post by Losal Samten »

Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

This is an enormous loss for this board. I really hope that at some point someone can reconsider.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Sad to see you go, but the decision is yours.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Thank you for everything Malcolm! You were of great help in many areas and were one of the users that made this forum so worth it. Hope to see you in meat space someday maybe, however improbable it is.

Best wishes!
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Rick

Post by Rick »

Live long and prosper, Malcolm Smith!
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

I’ve learned a lot from you. Thanks ever so much.

Good Journey
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Motova

Post by Motova »

:bow:
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

That is a big loss, and you will be greatly missed.
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

This is a great loss to both this forum and to the propagation of Dzogchen

DS
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Yati

Post by Yati »

Thank you for your service, I’ve learned a lot from you and have built up a nice library researching your debates with other people on Dharmawheel.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Sad thing to read
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
haha

Post by haha »

Some suggestions by CNNR during his teaching caused me to find this forum. I remembered there were struggles in discussion of earliest Dzogchen topics on CNNR presentation. Your discussions were really great help. One can see gradual changes on other people view in those discussions. Thanks for your discussion.

It is the nature of Impermanent.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:06 am Sad to see you go, but the decision is yours.
+ 1

:namaste:
Kim
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Sorry to see Malcolm go. Sounds like the end of an era. He has been a mainstay for several years. Just an FYI for all the members here, as most of you know I am the site-owner, but don't get involved in moderating decisions as I am not an expert on Mahayana and not familiar with most of the Mahayana hot issues, especially the politics between the various Mahayana schools and/or concepts, so I have always deferred to the moderating team who is more knowledgeable on those things. (I rarely even post here, except on general Buddhism issues or on Buddhist history or the occasional lounge type topics or politics.)

But I have always had an interest and affection for Mahayana in addition to Theravada (where I can most often be found over at DWT). Malcolm's knowledge of Mahayana was immense and his participation was great; nearly 30,000 posts! :o :D

I wish him well in all his future endeavors and promotion of the Dharma.
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

:good:

Good luck to Malcolm.
Namu Amida Butsu
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

We are all.mixed bags, samsaric humans..

Malcolm's wealth of knowledge and generous sharing is well attested to in this thread and the Board at large. Not only that, but often he illuminated an issue of confusion with a wonderfully clear quote or summary. The value of this cannot be overstated.

Malcolm also has very strong opinions.

In any case, I am sure DW would remain open to Malcolm should he reconsider in the future. For the benefit of all sentient beings.

All thr best, Malcolm and thank you for everything.

_/|\_
weitsicht

Post by weitsicht »

@Dan74 :good:

sincere thanks also from my side, Malcolm.

No need to talk about the future because it isn't here yet. Have some fish in the meanwhile. Good Omega-3
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

There is not another on this forum as knowledgeable as Malcolm.His absence will add to the confusion,doubt
and misrepresentation of the view that abounds.
PSM

Post by PSM »

Malcolm was the individual responsible for introducing me to the existence of the Dzogchen teachings. I cannot over-emphasise how important that is to me. This was back in the early days of E-Sangha. I am definitely only one of very many people positively influenced in that way. He is a real treasure.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”