Long life pills

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
simha108

Long life pills

Post by simha108 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:19 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am have been recommended to source some long life pills or even liberation upon taste pills for a friend's dad who is very ill from parkinsons. Any recommendations would be welcome. They don't seem to be easy to find!
With thanks and best wishes

kalden yungdrung

Re: Long life pills

Post by kalden yungdrung » Thu May 02, 2019 4:51 pm

simha108 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:19 pm
Hi Everyone,
I am have been recommended to source some long life pills or even liberation upon taste pills for a friend's dad who is very ill from parkinsons. Any recommendations would be welcome. They don't seem to be easy to find!
Maybe CBD oil will be helpful.
Have heard and seen that it is a good remedy for Parkinson illness.
The best meditation is no meditation

kalden yungdrung

Post by kalden yungdrung » Thu May 02, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi there,

IF that is true like showed on the clip then CBD oil is an outcome.
Would say try it, it cannot harm the patient and i would like to know the result.

Best wishes with the health for your friend´s daddy !
The best meditation is no meditation

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel » Thu May 02, 2019 7:45 pm

Tshe-ril (long life pills) and other Liberation by taste pills and substances are definitely not supposed to be sold. If you found some for sale on the Internet, 1) I'd want to know their original provenance, and 2) I'd pray for the person(s) selling it. Typically, you get these kinds of samaya substances (dam-dze) from a Teacher. If people are selling this kind of very sacred substances, it's a sign of the degeneration of the Kali Yuga.

Simha108, PM me your regular mailing address.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ

Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka » Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 pm

pemachophel wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:45 pm
Tshe-ril (long life pills) and other Liberation by taste pills and substances are definitely not supposed to be sold. If you found some for sale on the Internet, 1) I'd want to know their original provenance, and 2) I'd pray for the person(s) selling it. Typically, you get these kinds of samaya substances (dam-dze) from a Teacher. If people are selling this kind of very sacred substances, it's a sign of the degeneration of the Kali Yuga.

Simha108, PM me your regular mailing address.

There’s a popular website that sells Chulen, Semde, Agar, etc. that also sells Mendrup, and if this Mendrup contains relics, hair, skin, Kudung, etc. from great Lamas; then would not the presence of these blessed substances in the Mendrup still create a positive connection for those who come into contact with them, even if the said Mendrup is gettting bought and sold?

The act of buying and selling these substance may be negative, but if the outcome is the eventual liberation of the beings who come into contact with them; then it seems justified overall, even if there is some negative karma that comes along with it.
“...we should try to acquire clairvoyance. Without it, we are like a baby bird whose wings are undeveloped and has not yet grown feathers and remains stuck in its nest, unable to fly. Without clairvoyance, we cannot work for other sentient beings.” — Khunu Lama
“Just as a bird can not fly without both wings,
The welfare of others cannot be accomplished without the higher faculties of perception,
So diligently strive for your own wellbeing, whilst mentally considering the welfare of others.” — Longchenpa

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel » Fri May 03, 2019 12:57 am

Sadhaka,

I don't fault the buyer. That person is trying to obtain blessings by whatever means they can. So I don't think the buyer is generating negative karma. However, I think the seller is another story. If the seller is donating all profits above costs to some Dharmic or charitable cause or offering all the monies back to the Teacher Who made the substances to support that Teacher's actions for the benefit of the Teaching and beings, that may be OK. But if they are using any of the proceeds for their own livelihood, I think that carries a heavy karmic debt, especially if they are Vajrayana practitioners. It is the same with selling rupas (statues, thangkas), especially consecrated rupas. Bottom line, you do not sell the Dharma for your own benefit. Even if the seller believes they are primarily motivated by Bodhicitta, if they use any of the profits for their own benefit, this creates a mixed karma since their Bodhicitta motivation is mixed with personal gain.

Even Lamas who receive offerings for performing some beneficial service for another (such as empowerments, teaching, doing prayers and pujas, etc.) have to be very, very careful about the monies they receive. This is called kor in Tibetan. Kor is a heavy type of bad karma. One Lama I know gives away any material offerings They receive as quickly as possible to avoid the repercussions of kor. One very famous Lama would not even give His Sangyum any of the money He received as offerings. She had to find a way to support Herself and Her children. Just today in fact, Rabjam Rinpoche gave away a very big stack of money He received for bestowing the Jigling and Patrul lungs and wangs in order to build a new dormitory in a monastery in Bodhgaya. When someone donates money to our center, I have to be very, very careful (down to the penny) to insure that those monies are spent on center-related expenses and that not even the tiniest part of it goes into my or my family's mouths. That's why there are practices for specifically purifying this kind of negative action. Many Lamas do these practices on a regular basis just in case they've slipped up.

Sennin

Post by Sennin » Fri May 03, 2019 2:22 am

simha108 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
You can make your own six liberation items if you have Dzogchen transmission.
Look...gold!
Go no paradigm. No need for limitations.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Fri May 03, 2019 6:43 am

This is definitely the kind of thing one should use their karmic connections for, rather than getting from strangers IMO...and if one doesn't have such connections, reach out. I don't comprehend how the blessing can be the same otherwise.
There's no hoarding what has vanished,
No piling up for the future;
Those who have been born are standing
Like a seed upon a needle.

-Guhatthaka-suttaniddeso

Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen » Fri May 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Sennin wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:22 am
simha108 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I think you also have to hold the view when making them. Unsure about consecration of long life pills, but if it's anything like tormas, you also need to be able to perform the appropriate samadhi while reciting the mantras and performing the mudras. So it takes a pretty high level of skill, I think.

pemachophel

Post by pemachophel » Fri May 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Typically, long life pills (tshe-ril) are made during drub-chens. Drub-chens are seven to 10 day, round the clock pujas attended by a number of Lamas, monks and nuns, and/or ngakpa/ma. There are many different Terma sadhanas one can use for this purpose which include a tshe-drub (long life accomplishment) and tshe-ril consecration section. So one can speak of Hayagriva long life pills, Red Vajrasattva long life pills, Rigdzin Dupa long life pills, etc. It is also possible for an individual to make long life pills after having done a long solo retreat. For instance, after doing Rigdzin Dupa in retreat for 3-6 months, one year, or longer, one can do the Rigdzin Dupa tshe-drub and consecrate tshe-ril. So, long life pills have provenance. In other words, a person may value or have more faith in one long life pill over another depending on who made it or what Deity was involved.

Dud-tsi cho-men or men-drub is also made during special men-drub drub-chens. Commonly, towards the end of the drub-chen, there will be certain signs that the drub-chen was a success and, therefore, the men-drub is fully blessed. As a for-instance, the men-drub is commonly weighed before and after the drub-chen. It is considered very auspicious if the men-drub's weight has increased after the drub-chen or if the bags are seen to be bulging, or even if there are more bags after the drub-chen then before. Or there may be rainbows coming from the bags of men-drub. Really!

Sennin

Post by Sennin » Fri May 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Thomas Amundsen wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:31 pm
Sennin wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:22 am
simha108 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I think you also have to hold the view when making them. Unsure about consecration of long life pills, but if it's anything like tormas, you also need to be able to perform the appropriate samadhi while reciting the mantras and performing the mudras. So it takes a pretty high level of skill, I think.
I was talking specifically about the Dzogchen method of six liberations, not long life pills; because the OP asked about liberation by taste as well.
Look...gold!
Go no paradigm. No need for limitations.

Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka » Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 pm

Pemachophel,

Thank you for the explanation.
“...we should try to acquire clairvoyance. Without it, we are like a baby bird whose wings are undeveloped and has not yet grown feathers and remains stuck in its nest, unable to fly. Without clairvoyance, we cannot work for other sentient beings.” — Khunu Lama
“Just as a bird can not fly without both wings,
The welfare of others cannot be accomplished without the higher faculties of perception,
So diligently strive for your own wellbeing, whilst mentally considering the welfare of others.” — Longchenpa

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”