The Everflowing Nectar of Bodhicitta

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

The Everflowing Nectar of Bodhicitta

Post by 明安 Myoan » Thu May 23, 2019 10:58 pm

I found this practice on the FPMT page. It's the first time I've seen a Chenrezig visualization paired with the Eight Verses of Thought Transformation, but I bet someone here is familiar with it. Any additional commentaries or resources are appreciated :anjali:

An example visualization:
1. Determined to obtain the greatest possible benefit from all sentient beings, who are more precious than a wish-fulfilling jewel, I shall hold them most dear at all times.

Visualization:
The blissful white nectar purifies all obscurations, especially those that prevent you from holding others most dear, and brings all realizations, especially the loving, compassionate bodhicitta, which holds others most dear.
And don't miss the commentary by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.

:buddha1:
With a heart wandering in ignorance down this path and that, to guide me I simply say Namu-amida-butsu. -- Ippen

The virtuous man should recite nembutsu just as he is, as should the bad man. We regard faithful people, who repeat Nembutsu with a mind as pure as the day they were born, as those who do not require external support in nembutsu. However, if the bad rectify their misdeeds, become good and recite nembutsu, they will truly be in harmony with the heart of Buddha Amitabha. -- Master Hōnen

Yeshe Dorje

Re: The Everflowing Nectar of Bodhicitta

Post by Yeshe Dorje » Fri May 24, 2019 5:06 am

These are teachings Lama Zopa Rinpoche gave on the eight verses in Hobart in 2018. I believe The Everflowing Nectar of Bodhichitta was handed out and Rinpoche had intended to give an initiation based on it but ran out of time. I'm sure there are transcripts available as well.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... KUHRQRraql

Joseph

Re: The Everflowing Nectar of Bodhicitta

Post by Joseph » Fri May 24, 2019 8:47 am

Yeshe Dorje wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:06 am
These are teachings Lama Zopa Rinpoche gave on the eight verses in Hobart in 2018. I believe The Everflowing Nectar of Bodhichitta was handed out and Rinpoche had intended to give an initiation based on it but ran out of time. I'm sure there are transcripts available as well.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... KUHRQRraql

I attended the teaching . The booklet was handed out , but time ran out for the initiation . I left sometime around 1.30am on the Sunday night I think.. :shrug:
:thumbsup:

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”