Kalachakra War Prophecy

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
User avatar
Grigoris
Former staff member
Posts: 20740
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Kalacakra war prophecy

Post by Grigoris » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:42 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:17 pm
Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:51 pm
ISIS continues getting stronger:

http://www.understandingwar.org/report/ ... insurgency
Is this thread about the Kalachakra Tantra prophecy or ISIS?

The prophecy is for 2430CE, what is the possibility that ISIS will even be around by then, let alone a force capable of destroying Buddhism?
If any group is working to fulfill the prophecy it is ISIS and if you read the full report they have the motivation and funding to be around a long time.
We are talking about 411 years. I think you are severely deluded if you think ISIS will be around 411 years from now.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Nemo
Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Kalacakra war prophecy

Post by Nemo » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:38 pm

Having been a soldier and gotten old I'm starting to think the most powerful weapon is misinformation. Winning a war through propaganda and narrative is entirely possible.

In Guru Rinpoches prophecies he states the enemy are Muslims AND the forces of materialism. Unchecked capitalism seems very happy to make the earth uninhabitable and destroy organized life on the planet. Is that also in the Kalachakra?

Defeating Islam is quite easy. Read the Koran. Mohammad was fighting injustice, inequality and corrupt elites. It was designed as a revolutionary ideology. Remove the injustice and it becomes harmless. Increase it and it makes more sense every day.

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Kalacakra war prophecy

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:00 pm

maybe it points to the end of faith and the begining of a knowledge era :shrug:

Tenma
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am

Kalacakra war prophecy

Post by Tenma » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:03 am

Nemo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:38 pm

In Guru Rinpoches prophecies he states the enemy are Muslims AND the forces of materialism. Unchecked capitalism seems very happy to make the earth uninhabitable and destroy organized life on the planet. Is that also in the Kalachakra?

Defeating Islam is quite easy. Read the Koran. Mohammad was fighting injustice, inequality and corrupt elites. It was designed as a revolutionary ideology. Remove the injustice and it becomes harmless. Increase it and it makes more sense every day.
Right. And the source for the enemy being Muslims? And what do you mean by defeating Islam and all this revolutionary ideology?

Not only that, why make assumptions on who is who with prophecies? Are these prophecies even relevant to one's Dharmic practice?

Tenma
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am

Kalacakra war prophecy

Post by Tenma » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:04 am

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:00 pm
maybe it points to the end of faith and the begining of a knowledge era :shrug:
Perhaps, though time will tell.

User avatar
Nemo
Posts: 1483
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Re: Kalacakra war prophecy

Post by Nemo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Tenma wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:03 am
Nemo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:38 pm

In Guru Rinpoches prophecies he states the enemy are Muslims AND the forces of materialism. Unchecked capitalism seems very happy to make the earth uninhabitable and destroy organized life on the planet. Is that also in the Kalachakra?

Defeating Islam is quite easy. Read the Koran. Mohammad was fighting injustice, inequality and corrupt elites. It was designed as a revolutionary ideology. Remove the injustice and it becomes harmless. Increase it and it makes more sense every day.
Right. And the source for the enemy being Muslims? And what do you mean by defeating Islam and all this revolutionary ideology?

Not only that, why make assumptions on who is who with prophecies? Are these prophecies even relevant to one's Dharmic practice?
Islam has been quite destructive in it's short history. Like most Abrahamic religions it is a monotheistic revolutionary ideology that hates the other. It needs to destroy all other faiths. To overlook this is to have clearly not read the Koran. To think of it as pluralistic and accommodating is incredibly ignorant. I am neither demonizing or romanticizing it. I've just read the book and take Mohammad at his word.

User avatar
Grigoris
Former staff member
Posts: 20740
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Kalacakra war prophecy

Post by Grigoris » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:32 pm

Nemo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:35 pm
Islam has been quite destructive in it's short history. Like most Abrahamic religions it is a monotheistic revolutionary ideology that hates the other. It needs to destroy all other faiths. To overlook this is to have clearly not read the Koran. To think of it as pluralistic and accommodating is incredibly ignorant. I am neither demonizing or romanticizing it. I've just read the book and take Mohammad at his word.
There are esoteric interpretations of the teachings too.

That said, Abrahamic traditions generally tend to be rather aggressive, due to their first commandment.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Tenma
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am

Re: Kalacakra war prophecy

Post by Tenma » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Nemo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:35 pm
Tenma wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:03 am
Nemo wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:38 pm

In Guru Rinpoches prophecies he states the enemy are Muslims AND the forces of materialism. Unchecked capitalism seems very happy to make the earth uninhabitable and destroy organized life on the planet. Is that also in the Kalachakra?

Defeating Islam is quite easy. Read the Koran. Mohammad was fighting injustice, inequality and corrupt elites. It was designed as a revolutionary ideology. Remove the injustice and it becomes harmless. Increase it and it makes more sense every day.
Right. And the source for the enemy being Muslims? And what do you mean by defeating Islam and all this revolutionary ideology?

Not only that, why make assumptions on who is who with prophecies? Are these prophecies even relevant to one's Dharmic practice?
Islam has been quite destructive in it's short history. Like most Abrahamic religions it is a monotheistic revolutionary ideology that hates the other. It needs to destroy all other faiths. To overlook this is to have clearly not read the Koran. To think of it as pluralistic and accommodating is incredibly ignorant. I am neither demonizing or romanticizing it. I've just read the book and take Mohammad at his word.
Right. As if Sufism and its mystics totally need to destroy all the enemies.
You could literally argue the same with Christianity as an equivalent, yet they too have their mystics and various interpretations.

What about Manicheanism in that case?

User avatar
Harimoo
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by Harimoo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:46 am

If we are really honest, which is quite hard, we can say also the same with buddhism, particularly tibetan buddhism.
All islamic invaders and even ISIS are small players in comparaison with the Mongols.

Chinggis Khan is seen as a dharmapala (emanation of Vajrapani). He killed 40 million people. We found his thangka are in all Buddhist temples in Mongolia and the 7th Panchen Lama wrote a famous dedication prayer about him. The 5th Dalaï Lama was his councelor. For the Sakyapa, he is a cakravartin.

Kubilai Khan (great grand-son) had Karma Pakshi, Chogyal Pagpa Lodro Gyaltsen and others as councelors. He killed 14 million people.

They killed so many people that the global weather changed at that time. They destroyed civilisations.

ISIS ? Little delinquents...

User avatar
Sonam Wangchug
Posts: 346
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by Sonam Wangchug » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:03 pm

HH The Dalai Lama respects Garje Khamtrul Rinpoche as a Kalachakra authority.

If you would really like to know about the specifics about this prophecy they were revealed to Garje Khamtrul Rinpoche in a visionary experience.

This prophecy can be found in the book Memories of Lost and Hidden Lands: The Life Story of Garje Khamtrul Rinpoche.

It's an excellent book, highly recommended, especially the first half of his memories in Tibet.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa

User avatar
cyril
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 am

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by cyril » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Harimoo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:46 am

Chinggis Khan is seen as a dharmapala (emanation of Vajrapani). He killed 40 million people. We found his thangka are in all Buddhist temples in Mongolia and the 7th Panchen Lama wrote a famous dedication prayer about him.
Oath-binding a worldly spirit and bringing it into Dharma does not equate approval of that worldly spirit's ways.
The 5th Dalaï Lama was his councelor.
You mean the fifth Dalai Lama (1617–1682) was the counselor of Temujin (1162–1227)?
For the Sakyapa, he is a cakravartin.
Source please?
Kubilai Khan (great grand-son) had Karma Pakshi, Chogyal Pagpa Lodro Gyaltsen and others as councelors. He killed 14 million people.
Your seem to allude to some sort of causality here but, if we are really honest, which is quite hard, it was not Karma Pakshi or Chogyal Pagpa who advised Kubilai Khan to kill 14 million.
"You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have got to make it out of."
- Robert Penn Warren -

User avatar
cyril
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 am

Re: Kalacakra war prophecy

Post by cyril » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:58 pm

Tenma wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:54 pm


Right. As if Sufism and its mystics totally need to destroy all the enemies.
Right. I hope you know who Al-Ghazali was.

Image

The sufi tariqas were instrumental in spreading Islam and its corollary institution of dhimmitude throughout the Balkans. To think of them as a bunch of peaceful contemplatives is severely deluded.
"You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have got to make it out of."
- Robert Penn Warren -

User avatar
Grigoris
Former staff member
Posts: 20740
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by Grigoris » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:50 pm

There is no doubt that, generally spaeking, Sufism tends to be mainly a tradition of worship, rather than a movement critical of Islamic morals, ethics and society.

Refer to Chechnya for a country heavily influenced by Sufism (apparently 50% of Muslim adherents in Cechnya belong to Sufi brotherhoods).

I would recommend this three part series of articles for a slightly more objective view of Sufism.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

User avatar
Sherab
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 am

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by Sherab » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:18 am

Here's the view of someone who had practised Sufism:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooOgXkY-7Oo

User avatar
Harimoo
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by Harimoo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:36 am

Ginggis, Kubilaï and co murdered 5% of the humanity at their times.

Ghazali wrote rules about how to treat dhimmis.
2th Karmapa sided by Kubilaï Khan who genocided millions.

For me, it's not the same sh*t...

User avatar
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member
Posts: 2072
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 am

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Harimoo wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:36 am
Ginggis, Kubilaï and co murdered 5% of the humanity at their times.

Ghazali wrote rules about how to treat dhimmis.
2th Karmapa sided by Kubilaï Khan who genocided millions.

For me, it's not the same sh*t...
And what was he supposed to do? Go against one of the biggest murderers in history and have Tibet and Tibetan Buddhism wiped out?
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

User avatar
cyril
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:47 am

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by cyril » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:31 pm

Harimoo wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:36 am
Ginggis, Kubilaï and co murdered 5% of the humanity at their times.

Ghazali wrote rules about how to treat dhimmis.
2th Karmapa sided by Kubilaï Khan who genocided millions.

For me, it's not the same sh*t...
A Buddhist lama tries to oath-bind some dangerous spirit understood as being Genghis Khan. Therefore, Buddhism – bad!
Karma Pakshi spends a few years around Kubilai Khan ( Karma Pakshi left Mongolia in 1264, Kubilai Khan lived until 1294) where he acts largely as a peacemaker and refuses to get involved in politics to the point where Kubilai exiles him and puts some of his followers to death. Hence, Buddhists – bad, bad, bad!
Al-Ghazali writes how at least once a year you have o wage jihad against unbelievers and kill them indiscriminately, women, children and so on. A mere trifle! Doesn’t hold a candle to those bad Buddhists.
"You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have got to make it out of."
- Robert Penn Warren -

tkp67
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 5:42 am

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by tkp67 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:11 am

Isn't assuming any people's to be immutable counter intuitive to impermenance ?

User avatar
Harimoo
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by Harimoo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:17 pm

cyril wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:31 pm
Hence, Buddhists – bad, bad, bad!
These rhetoric effects are weak !

It's not to say that Buddhism is bad. It's about to sweep first in front of our door, without invocates far-right polemists, either Ibn Warraq or Trimondi.

User avatar
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator
Posts: 10753
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Olympia WA
Contact:

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by Johnny Dangerous » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:21 pm

tkp67 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:11 am
Isn't assuming any people's to be immutable counter intuitive to impermenance ?
Yes, threads like this are a great reminder that samsara ( and nirvana) issue from the mind, and nowhere else.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low

Locked

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], heart and 87 guests