Kalachakra War Prophecy

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
cyril

Re: Kalachakra War Prophecy

Post by cyril »

Harimoo wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:17 pm
These rhetoric effects are weak !
The rhetoric is only up to the logical sleight of hand holding Buddhism or Buddhist masters somehow guilty by association for what the Mongols did.
It's not to say that Buddhism is bad
Well, you previously said
If we are really honest, which is quite hard, we can say also the same with buddhism, particularly tibetan buddhism.
In any case, I'll stop here. I don't want this thread closed because we derailed its topic into something else.
"You have to make the good out of the bad because that is all you have got to make it out of."
- Robert Penn Warren -
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

If we are really honest, which is quite hard, we can say also the same with buddhism, particularly tibetan buddhism.
Oh, I don't know. Sri Lankan and Burmese Buddhists are doing well on the religious war front.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Since we are playing the blame game, let us not forget about the Japanese zen buddhists during hte 2nd world war.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Sherab

Post by Sherab »

Miroku wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:16 pm Since we are playing the blame game, let us not forget about the Japanese zen buddhists during hte 2nd world war.
But blame who? The people involved or the religion?

There is an important difference between a war or battle that can be justified by what the religion taught and a war or battle that cannot be justified on what the religion taught.

When an apologist of a religion says that a war, a massacre or an attack has nothing to do with that religion, we need to go back and check what that religion actually taught.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Religions teach all kinds of stuff, they are huge Byzantine entities. Unless you can prove that -all- Islam teaches and consistently advocates violent conquest -including individual Islamic teachers of all varieties,(certainly it’s there in plenty of places), the the point is moot. It really amazes me that people who are otherwise so intelligent will engage in this sort of back and forth nonsense. I’m giving everyone a break.

As always, if someone feels they have something vital to say, you can pm me.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”