prayer wheel help

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
TrimePema

prayer wheel help

Post by TrimePema » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Hey friends,

I have some large electric prayer wheels that have given out and begun turning the wrong way. Does anybody know how to fix them OR where I might be able to take them - what kind of shop will fix this?

javier.espinoza.t

Re: prayer wheel help

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm

TrimePema wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:33 pm
Hey friends,

I have some large electric prayer wheels that have given out and begun turning the wrong way. Does anybody know how to fix them OR where I might be able to take them - what kind of shop will fix this?
if it has a small induction motor the electric current maybe is going towards in the wrong sense.

if the motor functions with small battery, it might have being connected in the reverse way and you can try interchanging the connectors. but first you check.

it uses battery? what are the characteristics?

edit: basically this is the principle, so if it uses a toy motor with a low volt battery you can change the polarity very easily shifting the batteries.

TrimePema

Post by TrimePema » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:35 am

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm
TrimePema wrote:
Hey friends,

if it has a small induction motor the electric current maybe is going towards in the wrong sense.

if the motor functions with small battery, it might have being connected in the reverse way and you can try interchanging the connectors. but first you check.

edit: basically this is the principle, so if it uses a toy motor with a low volt battery you can change the polarity very easily shifting the batteries.

These are table prayer wheels that do not use a battery. They get plugged in. Does the same also apply somehow?

javier.espinoza.t

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:46 am

TrimePema wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:35 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm
TrimePema wrote:
Hey friends,

These are table prayer wheels that do not use a battery. They get plugged in. Does the same also apply somehow?
so you plug this at the AC current. it is better you take them at a technician shop, it shouldn't be expensive at all.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”