prayer wheel help

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Post Reply
TrimePema
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:16 am

prayer wheel help

Post by TrimePema » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Hey friends,

I have some large electric prayer wheels that have given out and begun turning the wrong way. Does anybody know how to fix them OR where I might be able to take them - what kind of shop will fix this?

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: prayer wheel help

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm

TrimePema wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:33 pm
Hey friends,

I have some large electric prayer wheels that have given out and begun turning the wrong way. Does anybody know how to fix them OR where I might be able to take them - what kind of shop will fix this?
if it has a small induction motor the electric current maybe is going towards in the wrong sense.

if the motor functions with small battery, it might have being connected in the reverse way and you can try interchanging the connectors. but first you check.

it uses battery? what are the characteristics?

edit: basically this is the principle, so if it uses a toy motor with a low volt battery you can change the polarity very easily shifting the batteries.


TrimePema
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:16 am

Re: prayer wheel help

Post by TrimePema » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:35 am

javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm
TrimePema wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:33 pm
Hey friends,

I have some large electric prayer wheels that have given out and begun turning the wrong way. Does anybody know how to fix them OR where I might be able to take them - what kind of shop will fix this?
if it has a small induction motor the electric current maybe is going towards in the wrong sense.

if the motor functions with small battery, it might have being connected in the reverse way and you can try interchanging the connectors. but first you check.

it uses battery? what are the characteristics?

edit: basically this is the principle, so if it uses a toy motor with a low volt battery you can change the polarity very easily shifting the batteries.

These are table prayer wheels that do not use a battery. They get plugged in. Does the same also apply somehow?

User avatar
javier.espinoza.t
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:29 am
Location: Chile

Re: prayer wheel help

Post by javier.espinoza.t » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:46 am

TrimePema wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:35 am
javier.espinoza.t wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm
TrimePema wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:33 pm
Hey friends,

I have some large electric prayer wheels that have given out and begun turning the wrong way. Does anybody know how to fix them OR where I might be able to take them - what kind of shop will fix this?
if it has a small induction motor the electric current maybe is going towards in the wrong sense.

if the motor functions with small battery, it might have being connected in the reverse way and you can try interchanging the connectors. but first you check.

it uses battery? what are the characteristics?

edit: basically this is the principle, so if it uses a toy motor with a low volt battery you can change the polarity very easily shifting the batteries.

These are table prayer wheels that do not use a battery. They get plugged in. Does the same also apply somehow?
so you plug this at the AC current. it is better you take them at a technician shop, it shouldn't be expensive at all.

Post Reply

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 115 guests