Mandala canopy

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
tingdzin

Mandala canopy

Post by tingdzin »

Does anyone have a good plan for constructing, or know of a place for purchasing, a good-sized (20" or 50 cm. on a side) shrine canopy of the sort used in covering mandalas and accoutrements during a major ceremony or empowerment? Even a picture that I could use as a model would be helpful.
Charlie123

Re: Mandala canopy

Post by Charlie123 »

tingdzin wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:45 am Does anyone have a good plan for constructing, or know of a place for purchasing, a good-sized (20" or 50 cm. on a side) shrine canopy of the sort used in covering mandalas and accoutrements during a major ceremony or empowerment? Even a picture that I could use as a model would be helpful.
Did you check potalagate? If they don't have one listed, maybe try emailing and see if they can acquire for you.
TrimePema

Post by TrimePema »

tingdzin wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:45 am Does anyone have a good plan for constructing, or know of a place for purchasing, a good-sized (20" or 50 cm. on a side) shrine canopy of the sort used in covering mandalas and accoutrements during a major ceremony or empowerment? Even a picture that I could use as a model would be helpful.
do you mean like the parasol that hangs over the throne sometimes?
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

TrimePema wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:50 pm do you mean like the parasol that hangs over the throne sometimes?
Something like that, but a good deal smaller obviously.

I'll check out Potalagate, thanks.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”