Mani Tooth

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
n8pee

Mani Tooth

Post by n8pee »

Has anyone ever heard of this phenomena? Practitioners or lay people who recite millions and millions of Mani mantras growing a new tooth?
Boomerang

Re: Mani Tooth

Post by Boomerang »

Yes, I have heard of it. There's a story about a woman who had three of those teeth in the book Siddhas of Ga.
n8pee

Post by n8pee »

Yes, I have heard of it. There's a story about a woman who had three of those teeth in the book Siddhas of Ga.
Ah, happy to see someone else who has read this book as well.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

My Teacher used to speak of this phenomenon. It sounded as if He had seen this with His own eyes.

I'm not sure it's just Manis. If I remember correctly, it can be associated with saying any mantra millions and millions of times, as in hundreds of millions. Of course, there are many other extraordinary signs of success of saying mantra.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Oh yeah it is a rather interesting phenomena. https://bodhiactivity.wordpress.com/201 ... ni-mantra/
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

n8pee wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:22 am Has anyone ever heard of this phenomena? Practitioners or lay people who recite millions and millions of Mani mantras growing a new tooth?

yeah, i readed about a guy that was a great mani mantra practitioner and that was gifted with that and other very nice qualities; he was a Gyatrul Rinpoche's instructor, if i remember well.

good things happen when one practices this.
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Yeah, 100 million manis.

Was not uncommon in Tibet.

The new molars are said to be white like conch if I recall.

Source: My teacher who was from old Tibet.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”