Sutra of Golden Light

Discuss and learn about the traditional Mahayana scriptures, without assuming that any one school ‘owns’ the only correct interpretation.
Tigersnest

Sutra of Golden Light

Post by Tigersnest » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:21 pm

There are some mantras in the Sutra of Golden Light which pertain to the Goddess Saraswati, is there anybody who knows which is the main mantra for recitation according to this section of the sutra? ...Thank you... thinking that perhaps it is possible to recite the mantras (108 times?) without speaking the english ...

Then the goddess Sarasvati bowed at the feet of the Tathagata and sat on one side.
Then, attracting the attention of the great goddess Sarasvati, the Brahmin teacher and expounder Kaundinya said:
A great ascetic, the great goddess Sarasvati is worthy of worship. A great mine of virtue, you bestow supreme boons in all worlds. Supremely beautiful, you stand on one foot
And are clothed in a garment made of grass.
All the gods gathered here ask you thus:
Let loose your tongue; speak fine words of virtue to beings!
SAYADYATHEDANA MURE /CIRE /ABAJE ABAJABATI /HINGULE / PINGALABATI / MANGUSHE /MARICI / SAMATI / DASHAMATI / AGRIMGRI / TARA CHITARA / CHICHIRI SHIRI MIRI / MARICI PRANAYE / LOKAJAYRETHE LOKASHRERETHE / LOKAPRIYE SIDDHIPRITE / BHIMALAMUKHI SHUCI KHARI / APRATIHATE / APRATEHATA / BUDDHE / NAMUCI NAMUCI / MAHADEBI PRATIGRIHNA NAMASKARAM
May my intellect be unimpeded. May versified treatises and tantras, tripitakas and poetic works become the boon of my magical knowledge incantations.
TADYATHA MAHAPRABHAVE / HILI HILI / MILI MILI
Through the magical power of the great goddess Sarasvati, may I be victorious!
KARATE KEYURE / KEYURABATI / HILI MILI / HILI MILI / HILI HILI
By the power of the truth of the buddhas, by the power of truth of the Dharma, by the power of truth of the Sangha, by the power of truth of Indra, by the power of truth of Varuna, by the power of truth of those who speak the words of truth in the world and the power of the truth itself, I will invoke the great goddess Sarasvati.
TADYATHA HILI HILI /HILI MILI / HILI MILI

crazy-man

Re: Sutra of Golden Light

Post by crazy-man » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:12 pm

some info about the sarasvati dharani
Sarasvatī: Riverine Goddess of Knowledge. From the Manuscript-carrying Vīṇā-player to the Weapon-wielding Defender of the Dharma
https://books.google.de/books?id=7MCwCQ ... LI&f=false

Return to “Sūtra Studies”