Ksitigarbha 108 names

Discuss and learn about the traditional Mahayana scriptures, without assuming that any one school ‘owns’ the only correct interpretation.
Nicholas Weeks

Ksitigarbha 108 names

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

With Tibetan as well as translation:

https://fpmt.org/wp-content/uploads/edu ... bha_a5.pdf
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Ksitigarbha 108 names

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

The dharani:
OṂ SUMBHA NISUMBHA / HARA CHARA / MAHĀ PĀŚHA MARUTĀ / AMOGHA VAJRA SATVA SVĀHĀ 
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Some may wonder if mantras like Manjushri and Ksitigarbha, as well as Sarva Nivaranavishkhambhin, Tara, Avalokiteshvara, Akashagarbha, Maitreya, Vajrapani, Samantabhadra can be recited without initiation? I would guess yes, but am not certain.

Where can one find translated versions of any long version of these others, so they can be recited?
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Nicholas Weeks wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:33 am Some may wonder if mantras like Manjushri and Ksitigarbha, as well as Sarva Nivaranavishkhambhin, Tara, Avalokiteshvara, Akashagarbha, Maitreya, Vajrapani, Samantabhadra can be recited without initiation? I would guess yes, but am not certain.

Where can one find translated versions of any long version of these others, so they can be recited?
As long as they have been in sutras they can be recited without initiation. Not sure if Vajrapanis mantra was in a sutra, but maybe. I think FMPT might have some materials you are looking for.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra

Return to “Sūtra Studies”