My brothers 5 count felony sentencing

Discuss the application of the Dharma to situations of social, political, environmental and economic suffering and injustice.
maxaroni13

My brothers 5 count felony sentencing

Post by maxaroni13 »

My brother has been addicted to drugs since age 14... Sadly... So he just got through with stacking up 5 felonies writing hot checks... Sooooo... He got a sentencing called community sentencing, since he's never been to prison before, they're trying to avoid a prison sentence, and he'll learn welding as a trade... that sounds good at first thought... But all it really is is a church camp for young adult delinquency age 18 to 25 (he is 22) with a pastoral counselor... He wasn't raised Christian... I don't know if this is right that a court can force Jesus on him to treat him... What are your thoughts??? Open to anything!!! I'm so confused!!! Not sure what to think!!! I know this doesn't relate to Buddhism and he is not buddhist... I am I have been for a long time and I am only posting here because I don't know who else to talk to so thanks in advance

:shrug:
shaunc

Re: My brothers 5 count felony sentencing

Post by shaunc »

Anything that avoids jail isn't a bad option. All he'll meet in boob is more contacts & learn more tricks. I would have thought a long term drug rehabilitation centre would be a better option, but maybe that avenue isn't availiable to the judge. Sooner or later though he'll have to face his karma & with drugs it usually tends to be sooner.
Good luck to you, him & all family & friends concerned.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: My brothers 5 count felony sentencing

Post by Ayu »

As the drug addiction is the source of the problems, he should be wanting to have a therapy. Psychic therapie. But first step is his own insight.
Just like you I also doubt, that Jesus will save him. But it is much better to be there with some maddish christians than to be in a real hard jail. :(

Return to “Engaged Buddhism”