I would like to build a list of meritorious actions that will help others, and would like group participation.
If possible we can sticky this post, and once an action is complete we can simply make a post of 'Done Action for Today'.
I will list some things I myself would like to do.. but others may add more and I will add them to the main post (Or perhaps a moderator could do it for me.
The entire point of this is that, we have a large community and if even a few of us partake in these actions, we can never be sure how far the actions will reach! (Causation is not a simple thing, no? One kind action can potentially cause further kind actions, and so on.)
Well, I hope there is some interest in this idea. I will try my best not to slack off on it. Hope others will join me.
Here is my list:
- Pay for a meal for the person behind you at a drive-through restaurant
- Save a bug from your house
- Sincerely Compliment a random person
- Give someone you know is going through a rough time a hug
- Help out people on depression websites (There are many, where you can offer advice, or just talk to them.)
- Pick up trash while walking.
- Perform Tonglen
- Be extra kind to your family/friends.
- Call an old friend and see how they are doing
- Make a donation to a watt/temple/church, etc.
- Donate Clothes/Food, etc to people in need.
- Buy a homeless person lunch.
- Leave Pennies right side up where people will find them. (maybe this is an American thing??)
- Donate Dharma Books to places where people would be receptive to them.