Response to Wrong Views?

Discuss the application of the Dharma to situations of social, political, environmental and economic suffering and injustice.
Malcolm

Re: Response to Wrong Views?

Post by Malcolm »

Queequeg wrote:I guess that's one way to see it.
:shrug:
This is why Dzogchen teachings are definitive, everything else is provisional.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Queequeg wrote:
Malcolm wrote: People are not handing out liberation through wearing mantras in Times Square. It would be strange if they were.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if they were! Instead of a tourist trap, it'd be an enlightenment vortex!
This morning I reimagined Time Square as Bodnath with a Giant Stupa where the ticket booth is.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
ECS

Post by ECS »

If one refer to knowledge as basis as what in our current culture , yes there is right verses wrong , true verses false , good verses bad ... but perhaps Buddhism is not knowledge therefore in my current mind there is no right or wrong view ... as everyone is constantly in own Buddhism process same as us ... learning is a process , Buddhism is a natural process of realization not determination of knowledge.
muni

Post by muni »

That is a conceit, I think.
The Buddhist conceit is high, higher than the conceit of others who are not so fortunate like we are.
Joking.
Whether we seek God outside us or Dharma, Buddha outside us. :spy:

Return to “Engaged Buddhism”