open dahna - sothing similar to flattr.com für Buddhists ?

Discuss the application of the Dharma to situations of social, political, environmental and economic suffering and injustice.
joe.schraube

open dahna - sothing similar to flattr.com für Buddhists ?

Post by joe.schraube »

do you know https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flattr ?
https://flattr.com/

we should develop somthing similar to flattr for Buddhist opjects. I had a flattr account but me and all of my friends use it not more. reason : Flatter is Paypal based and the take a lot of charge for every transaction and more : since paypal has blocked the wiki-leaks money a lot of my friends dont use paypal anymore.

I can imagan to gain a flattr like Project based on bitcoin.

how sounds the idea ? are there People out there the wont same things and we go together ?

Namste joe
joe.schraube

Re: open dahna - something similar to flattr.com für Buddhists ?

Post by joe.schraube »

sorry for the mistakes in text my keyboard is travel dusty .....how to edit my posts ?
joy&peace

Re: open dahna - sothing similar to flattr.com für Buddhists ?

Post by joy&peace »

Hi Joe,

It's not a bad idea, really, if someone were to do something like this. Substituting "project" for opject and "want" for want in your post... Ah, there should be a little pencil button at the top right... Should allow you to edit.

It's good to have dharma-centered enterprises, for sure. However, it's not a project I would be making possible really..

Its cool though and it could generate revenue - connect monasteries and communities - and so forth like this.

I think an inter-community endeavor would be one of the best ways of going about this.

Also there could be a emphasis on dharma on the site - and connecting to dharma community sites and this type of thing. It is possible to generate revenue simply from sites, with ads.

Namaste -
Peace and love!
Om Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate bodhi svaha

Return to “Engaged Buddhism”