Join the Seven-Line Prayer global accumulation: a powerful method to heal our world.

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Join the Seven-Line Prayer global accumulation: a powerful method to heal our world.

Post by Adamantine » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:57 am

Please visit the new site: https://www.sevenlineprayer.com/

From the site:
Why we are joining together to recite 21,000,000,000 and why this invocation is so powerful:

The Seven-Line Prayer, an invocation of the Indian Mahasiddha named Padmasambhava—also often referred to as Guru Rinpoche, "Precious Guru" and known as the Second Buddha—is not merely a prayer. It also functions as a method to awaken one's own primordial wisdom-mind according to the profound path of Ati Yoga. Although Padmasambhava is a historical figure who's known for establishing the Dharma in the land of Tibet, removing all obstacles and training his heart disciples; it's also understood that he achieved a miraculous state beyond death through which he can spontaneously benefit all those who address him with heartfelt devotion. The Seven-Line Prayer is universally known as the best means with which to do so.

One special revealer of Padmasambhava's hidden treasure teachings in the 20th century, widely considered to be both his emanation and regent, was Kyabje Dudjom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje Rinpoche (1904-1987). Dudjom Rinpoche's own son, heart disciple and lineage heir known as Dungse Shenphen Dawa Norbu Rinpoche, in the years prior to his Mahaparinirvana in 2018, often repeated this heartfelt advice to many of his disciples:

The most important activity to help dispel imminent global obstacles to peace and harmony, as well as environmental problems, disease and instability, is to recite and accumulate the Seven-Line Prayer.

At the time when Rinpoche last spoke of this in early 2018, he increased the number he felt would be able to shift our world's destructive course from one billion recitations to twenty one billion (21,000,000,000). The implication was that the negative potentials had gained so much momentum that it would require this immense number to turn the tide. Clearly this will require a global effort!

Since up until now there has not been enough of an outreach, the current count is at almost 10 million. Although there is still a long way to go to achieve 21 billion, if everyone joins in with joyful diligence it is certain that we can accomplish our goal.

Each person who joins a vast collective accumulation like this—no matter the amount they contribute—gathers the same merit as if they had achieved the total on their own.

So let's use this time when millions of us in many countries are forced to stay at home wisely, to progress in this accumulation for our own protection and for everyone's benefit. And please share this website as widely as possible.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: Join the Seven-Line Prayer global accumulation: a powerful method to heal our world.

Post by Adamantine » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:59 am

[media] [/media]

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Join the Seven-Line Prayer global accumulation: a powerful method to heal our world.

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:34 am

:twothumbsup: Perfect!
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:19 am

Könchok Thrinley wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:34 am
:twothumbsup:

I wonder, are you the only one here that saw this Könchok?

:shrug: ;)

Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:41 am

Adamantine wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:19 am
Könchok Thrinley wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:34 am
:twothumbsup:

I wonder, are you the only one here that saw this Könchok?

:shrug: ;)
Yeah, I would have expected better turnout. :lol: Oh, well I might have to start accumulating too...
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

Formerly known as Miroku.

madhusudan

Post by madhusudan » Mon May 04, 2020 2:36 am

No, my good man, I thank you for drawing attention to this effort. I intend on joining once I've memorized the Tibetan. I'm sure others were similarly inspired but simply declined to post a message.

Has anyone read Sole Panacea from Thinley Norbu Rinpoche? I want to connect more with this prayer, but am also trying not to accumulate many possessions.

jake5521

Post by jake5521 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 pm

No I haven't read that one, what is it about brother?

madhusudan

Post by madhusudan » Thu May 14, 2020 3:40 am

jake5521 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 pm
Sole Panacea is a commentary by Thinley Norbu Rinpoche on the 7-Line-Prayer:

https://www.amazon.com/Sole-Panacea-Com ... B00LFZ9I2U

Another one I'm looking at is White Lotus by Jamgon Mipham Rinpoche:

https://www.amazon.com/White-Lotus-Expl ... 1590305116

jake5521

Post by jake5521 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:45 pm

Ohh thank you, I will definitely look at those

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine » Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm

madhusudan wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:40 am
jake5521 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 pm
Sole Panacea is a commentary by Thinley Norbu Rinpoche on the 7-Line-Prayer:

https://www.amazon.com/Sole-Panacea-Com ... B00LFZ9I2U

Another one I'm looking at is White Lotus by Jamgon Mipham Rinpoche:

https://www.amazon.com/White-Lotus-Expl ... 1590305116
Yes, they are both good. However, White Lotus is more focused on the Seven-Line Prayer itself and it’s different levels of meaning and practice. The Sole Panacea uses it as a launching point to explore other questions. So to go into real depth with practicing on the Seven-Line Prayer I’d recommend beginning with White Lotus. There is also a commentary on the meanings elaborated in White Lotus in chapter 11 of Enlightened Journey by Tulku Thondup Rinpoche.

SteRo

Post by SteRo » Mon May 18, 2020 8:02 pm

Adamantine wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:53 pm
... White Lotus is more focused on the Seven-Line Prayer itself and it’s different ... meaning[s] ...
This.

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine » Thu May 21, 2020 10:00 pm

The Venerable Bhakha Tulku Rinpoche requests everyone to join the global accumulation of the Seven-Line Prayer. You can see the posting on: http://www.vairotsana.org/ As you can see, this is the time.
Bhakha Tulku Rinpoche is asking us to join the global accumulation of the Seven-Line Prayer. To participate in this, please join the sevenlineprayer.com to submit your accumulations. The goal is to reach 21,000,000,000 recitations.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”