For the Boston Marathon victims

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
plwk

For the Boston Marathon victims

Post by plwk »

phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]
Sara H

Re: For the Boston Marathon victims

Post by Sara H »

Thank you very much for posting this Plwk.

May all those effected by the Boston Marathon bombings receive the help they require and get the merit they need.

May all beings be at peace.

May all beings know great compassion, wisdom and joy.

May all beings be free from hate and animocity and judgement of each other.

May all beings know the union of the Unborn, the Cosmic Buddha, and be free from ignorance.

Hommage to the Buddha, Hommage to the Dharma, Hommage to the Sangha.

In Gasshō,

Sara H.
Observing your mind is a good idea.
greentara

Post by greentara »

"Baghdad: A series of attacks across Iraq killed 27 people and wounded well over 100 on Monday morning, officials said.

The attacks, many involving car bombs, took place less than a week before Iraqis in much of the country are scheduled to vote in the country's first elections since the 2011 US troop withdrawal"

Yes, the Boston Marathon bombing is shocking yet we often disregard what happens in the third word and concentrate on the USA and first world instead.
Quiet Heart

Post by Quiet Heart »

:shrug:
This is a true story so please forgive if it's slightly off topic.
Here in Bangkok the incident happened during the night.
I was sleeping soundly, and for some reason, woke up about 2:30 in the morning.
I thought, for no good reason, that i should boot up my computer and take a look at the news.
When I did the first story on the BBC news was about Boston and the bombings.
My brother lives close to Boston, and his married daughter and her husband live in Boston.
Because of the time difference (12 hours time difference from Bangkok to Boston) it was in the afternoon there in Boston.
My brother immediately called his daughter, and found out she was fine, and did not attend the Marathon (which actually took place within a couple of miles of her home).
Only a few minutes later I called my brother, from litterly half a world away, and the first thing I asked him was if he had heard from his daughter and if she was o.k.
I guess it was just co-incidence, but it's weird anyhow, that we had the same or similar thoughts at the same time 12,000 miles apart.
:thinking:
Shame on you Shakyamuni for setting the precedent of leaving home.
Did you think it was not there--
in your wife's lovely face
in your baby's laughter?
Did you think you had to go elsewhere (simply) to find it?
from - Judyth Collin
The Layman's Lament
From What Book, 1998, p. 52
Edited by Gary Gach
plwk

Post by plwk »

Life works in mysterious ways huh quiet heart? :shrug:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/lamazoparinpoche
Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims of the senseless tragedy that occurred today at the Boston Marathon.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche always advises to make strong prayers to Medicine Buddha for anyone who is dying, sick, injured, or who has already died from the violence that occurred today in Boston and elsewhere.

The mantra of Medicine Buddha is:
TADYATA OM BHEKHANDZYE BHEKHANDZYE MAHA BHEKHANDZYE (BHEKHANDZYE) RAJA SAMUDGATE SVAHA
krodha

Post by krodha »

greentara wrote:Yes, the Boston Marathon bombing is shocking yet we often disregard what happens in the third word and concentrate on the USA and first world instead.
So true, was one of my first thoughts in seeing the outpouring of concern and press the Boston bombings are receiving, the fact that it occurred in the U.S. truly seems to invoke a passionate response from people, but when the same or worse happens on a regular basis in other countries it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Very strange.
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

When something is unexpected, it's shocking. When it's expected it's not shocking. The media tends to put shocking news on their front covers for various reasons, most are profit based.

But whether it's shocking or not, or expected or not, we as Buddhists should have compassion for everyone.

namo bhagavate bhaiṣajyaguru
vaiḍūryaprabharājāya tathāgatāya
arhate samyaksambuddhāya tadyathā:
oṃ bhaiṣajye bhaiṣajye mahābhaiṣajya-samudgate svāhā.

Gassho,
Seishin
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May all beings killed in the Boston bombings and all bombings worldwide be reborn in the Pure Lands. May all beings injured in the bombings quickly be healed. May all beings worldwide be safe, happy and peaceful.

OM AMI DEWA HRIH
OM MANI PEDME HUNG
THADYATA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”