Prayer for suicide victim

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
ClearblueSky

Prayer for suicide victim

Post by ClearblueSky »

Hey all, I'd like to request your prayers for someone I know that unfortunately committed suicide yesterday. His name is Sam and lived in Colorado. Many thanks to anyone that says a prayer, I am very touched that there is a forum just for people requesting prayers, and I really appreciate it.
KonchokZoepa

Re: Prayer for suicide victim

Post by KonchokZoepa »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxht0KDwWeg

Ksitigarbha can also help. it is better for you to do them since you most likely have a lot closer karmic connection to the one who committed suicide.

may the prayers be of benefit
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
Nosta

Post by Nosta »

I will pray for him.

May he get a better rebirth...
tidathep

Post by tidathep »

ClearblueSky wrote:Hey all, I'd like to request your prayers for someone I know that unfortunately committed suicide yesterday. His name is Sam and lived in Colorado. Many thanks to anyone that says a prayer, I am very touched that there is a forum just for people requesting prayers, and I really appreciate it.
-------

Sawaddee Ka ...ClearblueSky,

Here is my Metta Prayer for Sam : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpDLe7ek5bM

May Sam reborn in Happy World :namaste:
tidathep :namaste:
Bluhock88

Post by Bluhock88 »

I would like for prayers for my father who committed suicide and died on my birthday. Ever since he died I've been feeling very sad and angry as I feel my dad is suffering we're he is. Please help my father and pray that his soul may be forgiven and let him have rest. Please help.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Bluhock88 wrote:I would like for prayers for my father who committed suicide and died on my birthday. Ever since he died I've been feeling very sad and angry as I feel my dad is suffering we're he is. Please help my father and pray that his soul may be forgiven and let him have rest. Please help.
Sorry to hear about your loss, it is truly tragic.

I will include your dad in my dedications. Hope you will also get better soon. :smile:

Om mani padme hum
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Nyedrag Yeshe

Post by Nyedrag Yeshe »

ClearblueSky wrote:Hey all, I'd like to request your prayers for someone I know that unfortunately committed suicide yesterday. His name is Sam and lived in Colorado. Many thanks to anyone that says a prayer, I am very touched that there is a forum just for people requesting prayers, and I really appreciate it.
In this Sutra, the Buddha elucidates that after reciting the Dead's name and reciting this Dharani for even seven times, the person can be liberated from the lower realms! You can accumulate some recitations during the next 40 days! You can be sure I'll be doing the same!

namas tryadhvikānāṁ sarva tathāgatānāṁ | oṁ bhuvi-bhavana-vare | vacana-vacati suru suru dhara dhara | sarva tathāgata dhātu dhare | padmaṁ bhavati jaya vare mudre | smara tathāgata dharma-cakra pravartana vajre bodhimaṇḍālaṁkārālaṁkṛte | sarva tathāgatādhiṣṭhite | bodhaya bodhaya bodhi bodhi | budhya budhya saṁbodhani saṁbodhaya | cala cala calantu | sarvāvaraṇāni sarva pāpa vigate | huru huru sarva śoka vigate | sarva tathāgata hṛdaya vajriṇi | saṁbhāra saṁbhāra | sarva tathāgata guhya dhāraṇī-mudre | bhūte subhūte | sarva tathāgatādhiṣṭhita dhātu garbhe svāhā | samayādhiṣṭhite svāhā | sarva tathāgata hṛdaya dhātu mudre svāhā | supratiṣṭhita stūpe tathāgatādhiṣṭhite huru huru hūṁ hūṁ svāhā | oṁ sarva tathāgatoṣṇīṣa dhātu mudrāṇi | sarva tathāgata sadhātu vibhūṣitādhiṣṭhite hūṁ hūṁ svāhā ||

http://www.sutrasmantras.info/sutra03.html
“Whatever has to happen, let it happen!”
“Whatever the situation is, it’s fine!”
“I really don’t need anything!
~Tsangpa Gyare Yeshe Dorje (1161-1211)
ओं पद्मोष्णीष विमले हूँ फट । ओं हनुफशभरहृदय स्वाहा॥
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔ ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”