What I Feel Now

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Urgyen Dorje

What I Feel Now

Post by Urgyen Dorje » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 am

I give thanks to the practitioners of other faiths, who take upon themselves the burdens and weights of their nonworldly paths. I rejoice in their virtue, as they cultivate ethics. I rejoice in their merit, as they cultivate love and compassion. I rejoice in their wisdom, as they attack the negative emotions that burden their minds. I relish in their example of dilligence, faith, and devotion. I purify my own view, and see them as arhats, bodhisattvas, and buddhas, pointing to my own path. I take them as companions on my own path, easing my burden of loneliness and alienation in a world that casts all spirituality aside. I look to their hearts and rejoice in confidence that what is blossoming is tathagatagarbha, thus feeling more confidence in my ow path.

On this evening, after a walk with my wife, this is how I feel. I don't care what aspersions my fellow Buddhists cast on my non-Buddhist kin. I take my guru's feet on my head and rejoice in all merit without exception, Buddhist and non. May all practice their chosen paths genuinely, and eventually come to the single vehicle of the dharma.

lobster

Re: What I Feel Now

Post by lobster » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:31 am

Wonderful prayer. Reminds me of a gentler version of the 8 verse mind training ...
http://next.berzinarchives.com/collecti ... d-training

:twothumbsup:

Simon E.

Re: What I Feel Now

Post by Simon E. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:49 am

Urgyen Dorje wrote:I give thanks to the practitioners of other faiths, who take upon themselves the burdens and weights of their nonworldly paths. I rejoice in their virtue, as they cultivate ethics. I rejoice in their merit, as they cultivate love and compassion. I rejoice in their wisdom, as they attack the negative emotions that burden their minds. I relish in their example of dilligence, faith, and devotion. I purify my own view, and see them as arhats, bodhisattvas, and buddhas, pointing to my own path. I take them as companions on my own path, easing my burden of loneliness and alienation in a world that casts all spirituality aside. I look to their hearts and rejoice in confidence that what is blossoming is tathagatagarbha, thus feeling more confidence in my ow path.

On this evening, after a walk with my wife, this is how I feel. I don't care what aspersions my fellow Buddhists cast on my non-Buddhist kin. I take my guru's feet on my head and rejoice in all merit without exception, Buddhist and non. May all practice their chosen paths genuinely, and eventually come to the single vehicle of the dharma.
I am more than happy to join my aspirations to this. I know no ethnic Buddhist teachers who would not. Its just that westerner converts have a lot of stuff to process and it makes them intolerant.
"Any major dude with half a heart
Will surely tell you my friend,
Any minor world that breaks apart
Can fall together again.
Any major dude will tell you."

Steely Dan.