Thailand floods

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
tingdzin

Thailand floods

Post by tingdzin »

Please include the farmers of Northeastern Thailand in your aspiration prayers. Many of them are losing everything due to record unseasonable floods.
CedarTree

Re: Thailand floods

Post by CedarTree »

tingdzin wrote:Please include the farmers of Northeastern Thailand in your aspiration prayers. Many of them are losing everything due to record unseasonable floods.
Wishing them all the best, in my neck of the woods the weather has been quite bad as well. Droughts and high temperatures.

Thank you for informing us :namaste:

Practice, Practice, Practice
Yavana

Post by Yavana »

tingdzin wrote:Please include the farmers of Northeastern Thailand in your aspiration prayers. Many of them are losing everything due to record unseasonable floods.
Let us know if the situation calls for aid and if one organization is more effective than another. I'm sure we all can spare something and let others know, too—even if the latter just amounts to plastering links all over social media.

南無妙法蓮華經
:namaste:
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

The Cicada wrote:
Let us know if the situation calls for aid and if one organization is more effective than another. I'm sure we all can spare something and let others know, too—even if the latter just amounts to plastering links all over social media.

南無妙法蓮華經
:namaste:
Good point

Practice, Practice, Practice
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Here is a news report on the situation:
http://floodlist.com/asia/thailand-sako ... -july-2017

And one in neighbouring Myanmar:
http://reliefweb.int/map/myanmar/myanma ... -july-2017

There's nothing on the usual major media channels.

:reading:
Kim
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

The Cicada wrote:Let us know if the situation calls for aid and if one organization is more effective than another. I'm sure we all can spare something and let others know, too—even if the latter just amounts to plastering links all over social media.
Thank you for your offer. I am unfortunately in no position to advise on directions to send aid. Every day I see selfless volunteers riding vans and trucks to help victims, people helping others financially on a personal level,and generally helping out, but I also see people trying to game the government by making claims for non-existent damages, local polioticians using government equipment to protect their own houses, even when this causes difficulty for the community, etc. Disasters bring out both the best and the worst in people, and it's hard to keep the heroes and heroines apart from the criminals.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”