Page 1 of 1

Prayer for Aurelia

Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:36 pm
by Nicholas Weeks
The Netherlands RTL news published an article on yesterday about a 29 year-old woman who was approved for euthanasia for psychiatric reasons. Her euthanasia death by lethal injection is scheduled for January 26. The article states (google translated):
Sarah has no terminal illness, but knows that she will die in twelve days. Surrounded by friends and in her own bed. She opts for euthanasia because of unbearable and hopeless psychic suffering. "I have been so devoured by my psychiatric disorders that I am completely broken."
Sarah (not her real name) lives in a small town in the east of the country. She struggles with severe psychological problems from an early age. She has borderline, does self-harm, hears voices, has psychoses and is depressed. She has not wanted to live for years. On New Year's Eve, she received permission for euthanasia after a long trajectory. That will happen on January 26, at two o'clock in the afternoon.
Sarah, whose real name is Aurelia, is a promoter of euthanasia for psychiatric reasons.

The article points to several factors that have led to her seeking death by euthanasia.

After her first suicide attempt Aurelia lived in a hospital for 2½ years. She was then incarcerated for 2½ years after setting fire to the apartment building that she lived-in. In prison she spent time in an isolation cell. She said that she got worse in prison.
May Tara and many bodhisattvas & buddhas clarify her mind quickly! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm
by Grigoris
Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:36 pm
The Netherlands RTL news published an article on yesterday about a 29 year-old woman who was approved for euthanasia for psychiatric reasons. Her euthanasia death by lethal injection is scheduled for January 26. The article states (google translated):
Sarah has no terminal illness, but knows that she will die in twelve days. Surrounded by friends and in her own bed. She opts for euthanasia because of unbearable and hopeless psychic suffering. "I have been so devoured by my psychiatric disorders that I am completely broken."
Sarah (not her real name) lives in a small town in the east of the country. She struggles with severe psychological problems from an early age. She has borderline, does self-harm, hears voices, has psychoses and is depressed. She has not wanted to live for years. On New Year's Eve, she received permission for euthanasia after a long trajectory. That will happen on January 26, at two o'clock in the afternoon.
Sarah, whose real name is Aurelia, is a promoter of euthanasia for psychiatric reasons.

The article points to several factors that have led to her seeking death by euthanasia.

After her first suicide attempt Aurelia lived in a hospital for 2½ years. She was then incarcerated for 2½ years after setting fire to the apartment building that she lived-in. In prison she spent time in an isolation cell. She said that she got worse in prison.
May Tara and many bodhisattvas & buddhas clarify her mind quickly! :bow: :bow: :bow:
People suicide (assisted or not) every day, so why are we praying for her in particular? Is she a friend of yours?

OM MANI PEME HUNG

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm
by Jesse
Grigoris wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm
Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:36 pm
The Netherlands RTL news published an article on yesterday about a 29 year-old woman who was approved for euthanasia for psychiatric reasons. Her euthanasia death by lethal injection is scheduled for January 26. The article states (google translated):
Sarah has no terminal illness, but knows that she will die in twelve days. Surrounded by friends and in her own bed. She opts for euthanasia because of unbearable and hopeless psychic suffering. "I have been so devoured by my psychiatric disorders that I am completely broken."
Sarah (not her real name) lives in a small town in the east of the country. She struggles with severe psychological problems from an early age. She has borderline, does self-harm, hears voices, has psychoses and is depressed. She has not wanted to live for years. On New Year's Eve, she received permission for euthanasia after a long trajectory. That will happen on January 26, at two o'clock in the afternoon.
Sarah, whose real name is Aurelia, is a promoter of euthanasia for psychiatric reasons.

The article points to several factors that have led to her seeking death by euthanasia.

After her first suicide attempt Aurelia lived in a hospital for 2½ years. She was then incarcerated for 2½ years after setting fire to the apartment building that she lived-in. In prison she spent time in an isolation cell. She said that she got worse in prison.
May Tara and many bodhisattvas & buddhas clarify her mind quickly! :bow: :bow: :bow:
People suicide (assisted or not) every day, so why are we praying for her in particular? Is she a friend of yours?

OM MANI PEME HUNG
Isn't because she's suffering a good enough reason?

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 pm
by Grigoris
Jesse wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm
Nicholas Weeks wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:36 pm


May Tara and many bodhisattvas & buddhas clarify her mind quickly! :bow: :bow: :bow:
People suicide (assisted or not) every day, so why are we praying for her in particular? Is she a friend of yours?

OM MANI PEME HUNG
Isn't because she's suffering a good enough reason?
You are suffering too. And so am I. So why doesn't Nicholas start a prayer thread for us?

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:11 pm
by Nicholas Weeks
Greg: So why doesn't Nicholas start a prayer thread for us?
Because you are insufferable. :tongue:

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:47 am
by Jesse
Grigoris wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 pm
Jesse wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm
Grigoris wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm
People suicide (assisted or not) every day, so why are we praying for her in particular? Is she a friend of yours?

OM MANI PEME HUNG
Isn't because she's suffering a good enough reason?
You are suffering too. And so am I. So why doesn't Nicholas start a prayer thread for us?
Neither you, nor I am dying soon (at least with this kind of certain foreknowledge.) I really feel bad for this girl, and yea.. she is a girl, she's 28, and she is going to give up on life. I wish I could speak to her before she did this, and relate to her my own experiences with the same issues.

I know just how devastating mental illness is, it does more than simply hurt. As she has related to the public -- it has destroyed her. (Her mind.)

The saddest part is that she is simply seeking relief from her suffering, she is seeking happiness. She wants to stop hurting and is turning to suicide to accomplish this. It's sad in particular because she is so young that there is no way that helping her is an impossibility.

Part of living with the severe mental illness is having to accept the destruction of parts of our mind, and personality. In exactly the same way as we have to accept the destruction of parts of the body as we continue to age. (Losing teeth, diabetes, high/low blood pressure, arthritis, memory loss, Alzheimer's, etc.)

The thing I fear most for her is that in her last few moments, she will feel enormous regret -- after it is too late.

I believe in euthanasia fully 100% for people whom truly have no option left except to suffer enormously, and have little to no chance of relief from that suffering. I believe all people have the right to control their own body and decide their own fate.

However, I also feel that sometimes people misjudge their situation, and make bad decisions based on a temporary, and misguided perception stemming from the current moment/period of time during which they are suffering. Suffering makes it difficult/impossible to see things clearly, to see a way out, or to see a future in which there is happiness or relief.

I also personally request that anyone reading say a prayer for her. She deserves it just as much as any of us, and just as much as every other suffering being in the world.

:heart:

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:51 am
by Nicholas Weeks
I also personally request that anyone reading say a prayer for her. She deserves it just as much as any of us, and just as much as every other suffering being in the world.
:heart:
Well expressed Jesse. :bow:

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:58 am
by Grigoris
Jesse wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:47 am
Neither you, nor I am dying soon (at least with this kind of certain foreknowledge.) I really feel bad for this girl, and yea.. she is a girl, she's 28, and she is going to give up on life. I wish I could speak to her before she did this, and relate to her my own experiences with the same issues.

I know just how devastating mental illness is, it does more than simply hurt. As she has related to the public -- it has destroyed her. (Her mind.)

The saddest part is that she is simply seeking relief from her suffering, she is seeking happiness. She wants to stop hurting and is turning to suicide to accomplish this. It's sad in particular because she is so young that there is no way that helping her is an impossibility.

Part of living with the severe mental illness is having to accept the destruction of parts of our mind, and personality. In exactly the same way as we have to accept the destruction of parts of the body as we continue to age. (Losing teeth, diabetes, high/low blood pressure, arthritis, memory loss, Alzheimer's, etc.)

The thing I fear most for her is that in her last few moments, she will feel enormous regret -- after it is too late.

I believe in euthanasia fully 100% for people whom truly have no option left except to suffer enormously, and have little to no chance of relief from that suffering. I believe all people have the right to control their own body and decide their own fate.

However, I also feel that sometimes people misjudge their situation, and make bad decisions based on a temporary, and misguided perception stemming from the current moment/period of time during which they are suffering. Suffering makes it difficult/impossible to see things clearly, to see a way out, or to see a future in which there is happiness or relief.

I also personally request that anyone reading say a prayer for her. She deserves it just as much as any of us, and just as much as every other suffering being in the world.

:heart:
Well said Jesse, I agree 100%, but you missed my point. It's not important though.

Re: Prayer for Aurelia

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:04 am
by Grigoris
May all beings suffering from distress leading to self-destruction be liberated from their pain, by whatever means are necessary.