Page 1 of 1

Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:40 pm
by pemachophel
Lots of people in a variety of countries are freaked out by the way things are going politically. (I'm not distinguishing between Democrats and Republicans, Liberals and Conservatives, Communists and Capitalists, etc. All are trying to change the body politic due to perceived problems in their respective countries.) Lord Buddha gave a Mahayana sutra specifically to reverse or turn back negative legal and political occurrences. IME, the ills of samsara are rarely (if ever) solved by samsaraic fixes. Because samsaric fixes come from exactly the same ignorance, anger, and desire that gave rise to the problems in the first place, they almost always end badly due to some unforeseen evolution/devolution.

So for those who would like a Dharmic skillful means for dealing with legal and political problems, I highly recommend The Black Lawsuit Sutra. It can be read aloud by anyone, with or without oral transmission. It does not require empowerment and does not need particular explanation. Especially one can say the last mantra. Read it every day. Say it over and over again, many, many, many times. Even organize sutra-chanting get-togethers for the sake of all sentient beings. It is the word of the Buddha coming from the Wisdom-mind of the Victors. As the Prajna Paramita Hridaya Sutra says, "It is true. It is not false."

Here it is in English:

The Arya Black Lawsuit Sutra

Gya-gar ked-du: Arya Khadum Dharma Tapaye Nama Mahayana Sutra
Bod ked-du: Phag-pa Kha-chu Nag-po Zhi-war Jed-pa Zhe-ja-wa Theg-pa Chen-poi Do

I prostrate to all the Buddhas and Bodisatvas.

Thus I have heard:

Once the Bhagawat was teaching in Kosala surrounded by many beings. At that time, an upasaka named Endowed With Beauty, surrounded by his entire family, stood up and made this lamentation:

“Alas, Bhagawat, we who live in this kingdom are punished by the King’s taxation. Contentious neighbors dispute with us. Many people are disturbing us. Enemies want to engage us in litigation, prosecute us, and cause us many kinds of problems. [O] Bhagawat, please protect us from all these calamities!”

Then the Bhagawat replied:

“Upasaka, do not be afraid of all these lawsuits and court cases. There is a sutra called 'The Black Lawsuit' which will pacify all this negative litigation which I will explain in detail.

"I prostrate to the Three Jewels. I prostrate to the Five Families of Deities.

"OM NA-MO BHA-GA-WA-TE AR-HA-TE SAM-YAK SAM-BUD-DHA-YA
TAD-YA-THA
OM MU-NE MU-NE MA-HA MU-NE RAK-SHA
SAR-WA PUSH-TIM KU-RU SAR-WA TA-THA-GA-TA A-TISH-THA-NA A-DHISH-THI-TE MA-MA SAR-WA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA SO-HA
OM KHA-DUM RAK-SHA
OM KHA-CHU SOD-TRA RAK-SHA
OM NI-WA-RA-SA-NA RAK-SHA HA-RA HA-RA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA SO-HA

“Upasaka Endowed With Beauty, hold this completely. Remember this. Recite this. Show this to others. By doing this, any punishment by the government, conflicts, anger, and strife – all these negative activities which cause interference and suffering – will be turned back. In particular, recite this mantra:

TAD-YA-THA
OM BA-DZRA PA-NI MA-MA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA
OM JYO-DOG KHA-CHU MA-RA-YA PHET
SA-MA-YA DU RAK-SHA HUNG HUNG PHET PHET SO-HA

“For I and all my retinue, pacify all negative activities of the Maras. Pacify all the past negative deeds from our ancestors and their ghosts. Pacify all enmity, karmic debts of family and relatives, obstructions and obstacles caused by bad years and bad months. Pacify all misfortune. Pacify all disputes and conflicts and persecution by the government. Pacify those who seek to prosecute us with lawsuits and those who wish to slander us. Pacify those with malicious thoughts toward us and those who create negative conditions. With this mantra, turn back all these obstacles. Those who are angry will become calm. All legal disputes, ancestral ghosts, curses of the Mamo, epidemics, and all bad omens will be pacified and all will become peaceful and harmonious.

“Son of the [noble] Family, this sutra called 'The Black Lawsuit' was previously blessed by all the past Tathagatas. I am now teaching this just as Those in the past once did. You must keep this and recite it daily. All fear will be dispelled. All legal cases and misfortunes will be turned back. In addition, all disease, causes of disease, all disturbances caused by spirits, all negative energy caused by bad years and months, and all negative predictions will be dispelled.”

Then Manjushri stood up from His seat and addressed the Bhagawat, “What shall be the name of this sutra and how should we practice it?”

[The Bhagawat] replied, “ Manjushri, this sutra shall be named 'The Black Lawsuit.'”

Manjushri proclaimed:

“Good, good. I will protect all who keep this great and profound sutra. I will save them. I will dispel all the harsh words of others.”

[Then the Bhagawat] said:

“Whenever you are involved with a legal dispute, you should recite this sutra seven times [and] meditate on Manjushri. By doing so, your opponent’s anger will be completely dissolved. Moreover, your words will have power and influence so that whatever you say will be respected and held to be true.”

When the Bhagawat had said this, the upasaka Endowed With Beauty and the world with its Devas, humans, Asuras, and Gandharvas rejoiced [and] had faith in the words spoken by the Bhagawat.

[Thus] the Arya Mahayana Sutra called the Black Lawsuit is completed.

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:50 pm
by Lhasa
How did you know?? Thank you. :hug:

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:18 pm
by Tenma
pemachophel wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:40 pm
Lots of people in a variety of countries are freaked out by the way things are going politically. (I'm not distinguishing between Democrats and Republicans, Liberals and Conservatives, Communists and Capitalists, etc. All are trying to change the body politic due to perceived problems in their respective countries.) Lord Buddha gave a Mahayana sutra specifically to reverse or turn back negative legal and political occurrences. IME, the ills of samsara are rarely (if ever) solved by samsaraic fixes. Because samsaric fixes come from exactly the same ignorance, anger, and desire that gave rise to the problems in the first place, they almost always end badly due to some unforeseen evolution/devolution.

So for those who would like a Dharmic skillful means for dealing with legal and political problems, I highly recommend The Black Lawsuit Sutra. It can be read aloud by anyone, with or without oral transmission. It does not require empowerment and does not need particular explanation. Especially one can say the last mantra. Read it every day. Say it over and over again, many, many, many times. Even organize sutra-chanting get-togethers for the sake of all sentient beings. It is the word of the Buddha coming from the Wisdom-mind of the Victors. As the Prajna Paramita Hridaya Sutra says, "It is true. It is not false."

Here it is in English:

The Arya Black Lawsuit Sutra

Gya-gar ked-du: Arya Khadum Dharma Tapaye Nama Mahayana Sutra
Bod ked-du: Phag-pa Kha-chu Nag-po Zhi-war Jed-pa Zhe-ja-wa Theg-pa Chen-poi Do

I prostrate to all the Buddhas and Bodisatvas.

Thus I have heard:

Once the Bhagawat was teaching in Kosala surrounded by many beings. At that time, an upasaka named Endowed With Beauty, surrounded by his entire family, stood up and made this lamentation:

“Alas, Bhagawat, we who live in this kingdom are punished by the King’s taxation. Contentious neighbors dispute with us. Many people are disturbing us. Enemies want to engage us in litigation, prosecute us, and cause us many kinds of problems. [O] Bhagawat, please protect us from all these calamities!”

Then the Bhagawat replied:

“Upasaka, do not be afraid of all these lawsuits and court cases. There is a sutra called 'The Black Lawsuit' which will pacify all this negative litigation which I will explain in detail.

"I prostrate to the Three Jewels. I prostrate to the Five Families of Deities.

"OM NA-MO BHA-GA-WA-TE AR-HA-TE SAM-YAK SAM-BUD-DHA-YA
TAD-YA-THA
OM MU-NE MU-NE MA-HA MU-NE RAK-SHA
SAR-WA PUSH-TIM KU-RU SAR-WA TA-THA-GA-TA A-TISH-THA-NA A-DHISH-THI-TE MA-MA SAR-WA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA SO-HA
OM KHA-DUM RAK-SHA
OM KHA-CHU SOD-TRA RAK-SHA
OM NI-WA-RA-SA-NA RAK-SHA HA-RA HA-RA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA SO-HA

“Upasaka Endowed With Beauty, hold this completely. Remember this. Recite this. Show this to others. By doing this, any punishment by the government, conflicts, anger, and strife – all these negative activities which cause interference and suffering – will be turned back. In particular, recite this mantra:

TAD-YA-THA
OM BA-DZRA PA-NI MA-MA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA
OM JYO-DOG KHA-CHU MA-RA-YA PHET
SA-MA-YA DU RAK-SHA HUNG HUNG PHET PHET SO-HA

“For I and all my retinue, pacify all negative activities of the Maras. Pacify all the past negative deeds from our ancestors and their ghosts. Pacify all enmity, karmic debts of family and relatives, obstructions and obstacles caused by bad years and bad months. Pacify all misfortune. Pacify all disputes and conflicts and persecution by the government. Pacify those who seek to prosecute us with lawsuits and those who wish to slander us. Pacify those with malicious thoughts toward us and those who create negative conditions. With this mantra, turn back all these obstacles. Those who are angry will become calm. All legal disputes, ancestral ghosts, curses of the Mamo, epidemics, and all bad omens will be pacified and all will become peaceful and harmonious.

“Son of the [noble] Family, this sutra called 'The Black Lawsuit' was previously blessed by all the past Tathagatas. I am now teaching this just as Those in the past once did. You must keep this and recite it daily. All fear will be dispelled. All legal cases and misfortunes will be turned back. In addition, all disease, causes of disease, all disturbances caused by spirits, all negative energy caused by bad years and months, and all negative predictions will be dispelled.”

Then Manjushri stood up from His seat and addressed the Bhagawat, “What shall be the name of this sutra and how should we practice it?”

[The Bhagawat] replied, “ Manjushri, this sutra shall be named 'The Black Lawsuit.'”

Manjushri proclaimed:

“Good, good. I will protect all who keep this great and profound sutra. I will save them. I will dispel all the harsh words of others.”

[Then the Bhagawat] said:

“Whenever you are involved with a legal dispute, you should recite this sutra seven times [and] meditate on Manjushri. By doing so, your opponent’s anger will be completely dissolved. Moreover, your words will have power and influence so that whatever you say will be respected and held to be true.”

When the Bhagawat had said this, the upasaka Endowed With Beauty and the world with its Devas, humans, Asuras, and Gandharvas rejoiced [and] had faith in the words spoken by the Bhagawat.

[Thus] the Arya Mahayana Sutra called the Black Lawsuit is completed.
At last! Perhaps THIS might be the solution to all the crap we are suffering!

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:54 pm
by pemachophel
Tenma,

Recite this sutra freely. It won't get you into any trouble. I think it's a good fit for you at the moment.

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:50 pm
by Tenma
pemachophel wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:54 pm
Tenma,

Recite this sutra freely. It won't get you into any trouble. I think it's a good fit for you at the moment.
Thank you!

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:43 pm
by Tenma
pemachophel wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:54 pm
Tenma,

Recite this sutra freely. It won't get you into any trouble. I think it's a good fit for you at the moment.
Where can one find sutras such as these that can be recited freely? I'm having a hard time finding such sutras(only the Heart Sutra, Diamond Sutra, Golden Light Sutra, and several Theravada suttas).

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:00 pm
by pemachophel
There are a whole bunch of short, very powerful sutras in the gZungs 'Dus, The Compendium of Dharanis in the Kangyur. This has not yet been transmated in it's entirety yet. So another thing that you can start doing, especially at your age, is learning how to at least read Tibetan.

I don't have time today, but tomorrow I will try to post more of this kind of sutra/dharani. Very, very useful and effective.

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:56 pm
by pemachophel
Tenma, I'm going to send you the sutras via regular email so as not to hijack this thread.

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:26 pm
by pael
pemachophel wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:56 pm
Tenma, I'm going to send you the sutras via regular email so as not to hijack this thread.
Could you send sutras to me also, please?

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:52 pm
by pemachophel
Pael,

You'll need to send me your regular email address.

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:26 pm
by Motova
pemachophel wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:40 pm
Lots of people in a variety of countries are freaked out by the way things are going politically. (I'm not distinguishing between Democrats and Republicans, Liberals and Conservatives, Communists and Capitalists, etc. All are trying to change the body politic due to perceived problems in their respective countries.) Lord Buddha gave a Mahayana sutra specifically to reverse or turn back negative legal and political occurrences. IME, the ills of samsara are rarely (if ever) solved by samsaraic fixes. Because samsaric fixes come from exactly the same ignorance, anger, and desire that gave rise to the problems in the first place, they almost always end badly due to some unforeseen evolution/devolution.

So for those who would like a Dharmic skillful means for dealing with legal and political problems, I highly recommend The Black Lawsuit Sutra. It can be read aloud by anyone, with or without oral transmission. It does not require empowerment and does not need particular explanation. Especially one can say the last mantra. Read it every day. Say it over and over again, many, many, many times. Even organize sutra-chanting get-togethers for the sake of all sentient beings. It is the word of the Buddha coming from the Wisdom-mind of the Victors. As the Prajna Paramita Hridaya Sutra says, "It is true. It is not false."

Here it is in English:

The Arya Black Lawsuit Sutra

Gya-gar ked-du: Arya Khadum Dharma Tapaye Nama Mahayana Sutra
Bod ked-du: Phag-pa Kha-chu Nag-po Zhi-war Jed-pa Zhe-ja-wa Theg-pa Chen-poi Do

I prostrate to all the Buddhas and Bodisatvas.

Thus I have heard:

Once the Bhagawat was teaching in Kosala surrounded by many beings. At that time, an upasaka named Endowed With Beauty, surrounded by his entire family, stood up and made this lamentation:

“Alas, Bhagawat, we who live in this kingdom are punished by the King’s taxation. Contentious neighbors dispute with us. Many people are disturbing us. Enemies want to engage us in litigation, prosecute us, and cause us many kinds of problems. [O] Bhagawat, please protect us from all these calamities!”

Then the Bhagawat replied:

“Upasaka, do not be afraid of all these lawsuits and court cases. There is a sutra called 'The Black Lawsuit' which will pacify all this negative litigation which I will explain in detail.

"I prostrate to the Three Jewels. I prostrate to the Five Families of Deities.

"OM NA-MO BHA-GA-WA-TE AR-HA-TE SAM-YAK SAM-BUD-DHA-YA
TAD-YA-THA
OM MU-NE MU-NE MA-HA MU-NE RAK-SHA
SAR-WA PUSH-TIM KU-RU SAR-WA TA-THA-GA-TA A-TISH-THA-NA A-DHISH-THI-TE MA-MA SAR-WA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA SO-HA
OM KHA-DUM RAK-SHA
OM KHA-CHU SOD-TRA RAK-SHA
OM NI-WA-RA-SA-NA RAK-SHA HA-RA HA-RA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA SO-HA

“Upasaka Endowed With Beauty, hold this completely. Remember this. Recite this. Show this to others. By doing this, any punishment by the government, conflicts, anger, and strife – all these negative activities which cause interference and suffering – will be turned back. In particular, recite this mantra:

TAD-YA-THA
OM BA-DZRA PA-NI MA-MA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA
OM JYO-DOG KHA-CHU MA-RA-YA PHET
SA-MA-YA DU RAK-SHA HUNG HUNG PHET PHET SO-HA

“For I and all my retinue, pacify all negative activities of the Maras. Pacify all the past negative deeds from our ancestors and their ghosts. Pacify all enmity, karmic debts of family and relatives, obstructions and obstacles caused by bad years and bad months. Pacify all misfortune. Pacify all disputes and conflicts and persecution by the government. Pacify those who seek to prosecute us with lawsuits and those who wish to slander us. Pacify those with malicious thoughts toward us and those who create negative conditions. With this mantra, turn back all these obstacles. Those who are angry will become calm. All legal disputes, ancestral ghosts, curses of the Mamo, epidemics, and all bad omens will be pacified and all will become peaceful and harmonious.

“Son of the [noble] Family, this sutra called 'The Black Lawsuit' was previously blessed by all the past Tathagatas. I am now teaching this just as Those in the past once did. You must keep this and recite it daily. All fear will be dispelled. All legal cases and misfortunes will be turned back. In addition, all disease, causes of disease, all disturbances caused by spirits, all negative energy caused by bad years and months, and all negative predictions will be dispelled.”

Then Manjushri stood up from His seat and addressed the Bhagawat, “What shall be the name of this sutra and how should we practice it?”

[The Bhagawat] replied, “ Manjushri, this sutra shall be named 'The Black Lawsuit.'”

Manjushri proclaimed:

“Good, good. I will protect all who keep this great and profound sutra. I will save them. I will dispel all the harsh words of others.”

[Then the Bhagawat] said:

“Whenever you are involved with a legal dispute, you should recite this sutra seven times [and] meditate on Manjushri. By doing so, your opponent’s anger will be completely dissolved. Moreover, your words will have power and influence so that whatever you say will be respected and held to be true.”

When the Bhagawat had said this, the upasaka Endowed With Beauty and the world with its Devas, humans, Asuras, and Gandharvas rejoiced [and] had faith in the words spoken by the Bhagawat.

[Thus] the Arya Mahayana Sutra called the Black Lawsuit is completed.
Tibetan and English:

http://saraswatibhawan.org/wp-content/u ... ag-Po1.pdf

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:48 pm
by Queequeg
This is going on my bulletin board in my office.
Thank you. :smile:

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am
by Simon E.
Let me get this straight.

There are people on this forum who think that sitting in their bedrooms reciting Sutras is going to overthrow the Government?
How is that different from the Southern Baptists that think their prayers got Trump elected?



"Spiritual Materialism" in a nutshell.

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:00 am
by Motova
Simon E. wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am


There are people on this forum who think that sitting in their bedrooms reciting Sutras is going to overthrow the Government?
I doubt it.

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 am
by Simon E.
That's a relief.

Re: Sutra for Turning Back Lawsuits & Political Problems

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 pm
by Tenma
Simon E. wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:00 am
Let me get this straight.

There are people on this forum who think that sitting in their bedrooms reciting Sutras is going to overthrow the Government?
How is that different from the Southern Baptists that think their prayers got Trump elected?



"Spiritual Materialism" in a nutshell.
Perhaps not "overthrow," but to at least "improve" it. And it's not just America's, it's the entire world's. Also, we're just trying whatever we can to help out(take the Tara Mandala's Ebola Retreat for example in that case).