Prayers for children and rescurers in Thailand cave

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
seeker242

Prayers for children and rescurers in Thailand cave

Post by seeker242 »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... -boys-live

Please say a prayer for them. They have started the rescue of the children trapped in the cave in Thailand. It a very risky situation as they have to bring them out via scuba diving and none of the children know how to scuba dive. Diving in a cave is also much more dangerous than normal scuba diving. May they all be safe and not come to any harm. One rescuer, Thai navy diver Saman Kunan, has already died. May he have a very favorable rebirth because of such good karma he has made, risking and losing his life to save others.

:anjali:
One should not kill any living being, nor cause it to be killed, nor should one incite any other to kill. Do never injure any being, whether strong or weak, in this entire universe!
amanitamusc

Re: Prayers for children and rescurers in Thailand cave

Post by amanitamusc »

I hope they get all the help available.Elon Musk has made some effort and
with all that are helping and the one who died trying,may the efforts bring all
13 out safely.
Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows »

Screenshot_2018-07-08-04-27-50-1-1.png
Screenshot_2018-07-08-04-27-50-1-1.png (118.23 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

OM TARE TUTTARE TURE MAMA AYUR PUNYE JNYANA PUSHTIM KURU JE SOHA

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (291.83 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
shaunc

Post by shaunc »

Latest news I've heard is that 4 of the boys are out and in hospital and the rescue has been delayed for a while.
shaunc

Post by shaunc »

The rescue operation is finished and successful. Please remember the Thai navy seal that died in the rescue operation. May his next birth be a favourable one.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/9/17548512/t ... n-buddhism

Quite an interesting article. I really do wonder how much it helped them. Anyway, I am very glad they got out of there safe as I didn't have much hope for that especially with the rain season comming.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Miroku wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:08 pm https://www.vox.com/2018/7/9/17548512/t ... n-buddhism

Quite an interesting article. I really do wonder how much it helped them. Anyway, I am very glad they got out of there safe as I didn't have much hope for that especially with the rain season comming.
Apparently this not accurate.
In reality, according to the BBC News site, the boys were heavily sedated to get them through the narrow spaces without their panicking and putting themselves and their rescuers in danger.
It is also why they were all taken straight to hospital for monitoring.

This does not in any way detract from the extraordinary feat in getting them all out alive.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Simon E. wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:47 pm
Miroku wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:08 pm https://www.vox.com/2018/7/9/17548512/t ... n-buddhism

Apparently this not accurate.
In reality, according to the BBC News site, the boys were heavily sedated to get them through the narrow spaces without their panicking and putting themselves and their rescuers in danger.
It is also why they were all taken straight to hospital for monitoring.

This does not in any way detract from the extraordinary feat in getting them all out alive.
If I am correct the article does not mention the way out it seems to focus more on the stay in the cave. But I didn't know they sedated them to get them through. Quite interesting.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

No, you make a valid point..meditation may well have kept them calm during the days before the rescue attempt.
It would seem that an approach which combined mindfulness and modern tranquilisers proved effective.

These were young lads, and probably still just learning mindfulness techniques...
and the monsoon rains were just starting..there was a need for urgency.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

This story is truly, truly remarkable. So wonderful that it ended well.

I've been reflecting on this story about the use of meditation to keep the boys calm. I can't imagine how hopeless that first week and half was for them.

Namo Buddhaya.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”