Election Day!

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
Tenma

Election Day!

Post by Tenma »

It's about to be time for voting in the U.S.A.! Please pray for all this political chaos to be "resolved" in a beneficial way. Recitation of the Black Lawsuit Sutra is recommended:

The Arya Black Lawsuit Sutra

Gya-gar ked-du: Arya Khadum Dharma Tapaye Nama Mahayana Sutra
Bod ked-du: Phag-pa Kha-chu Nag-po Zhi-war Jed-pa Zhe-ja-wa Theg-pa Chen-poi Do

I prostrate to all the Buddhas and Bodisatvas.

Thus I have heard:

Once the Bhagawat was teaching in Kosala surrounded by many beings. At that time, an upasaka named Endowed With Beauty, surrounded by his entire family, stood up and made this lamentation:

“Alas, Bhagawat, we who live in this kingdom are punished by the King’s taxation. Contentious neighbors dispute with us. Many people are disturbing us. Enemies want to engage us in litigation, prosecute us, and cause us many kinds of problems. [O] Bhagawat, please protect us from all these calamities!”

Then the Bhagawat replied:

“Upasaka, do not be afraid of all these lawsuits and court cases. There is a sutra called 'The Black Lawsuit' which will pacify all this negative litigation which I will explain in detail.

"I prostrate to the Three Jewels. I prostrate to the Five Families of Deities.

"OM NA-MO BHA-GA-WA-TE AR-HA-TE SAM-YAK SAM-BUD-DHA-YA
TAD-YA-THA
OM MU-NE MU-NE MA-HA MU-NE RAK-SHA
SAR-WA PUSH-TIM KU-RU SAR-WA TA-THA-GA-TA A-TISH-THA-NA A-DHISH-THI-TE MA-MA SAR-WA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA SO-HA
OM KHA-DUM RAK-SHA
OM KHA-CHU SOD-TRA RAK-SHA
OM NI-WA-RA-SA-NA RAK-SHA HA-RA HA-RA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA SO-HA

“Upasaka Endowed With Beauty, hold this completely. Remember this. Recite this. Show this to others. By doing this, any punishment by the government, conflicts, anger, and strife – all these negative activities which cause interference and suffering – will be turned back. In particular, recite this mantra:

TAD-YA-THA
OM BA-DZRA PA-NI MA-MA RAK-SHA RAK-SHA
OM JYO-DOG KHA-CHU MA-RA-YA PHET
SA-MA-YA DU RAK-SHA HUNG HUNG PHET PHET SO-HA

“For I and all my retinue, pacify all negative activities of the Maras. Pacify all the past negative deeds from our ancestors and their ghosts. Pacify all enmity, karmic debts of family and relatives, obstructions and obstacles caused by bad years and bad months. Pacify all misfortune. Pacify all disputes and conflicts and persecution by the government. Pacify those who seek to prosecute us with lawsuits and those who wish to slander us. Pacify those with malicious thoughts toward us and those who create negative conditions. With this mantra, turn back all these obstacles. Those who are angry will become calm. All legal disputes, ancestral ghosts, curses of the Mamo, epidemics, and all bad omens will be pacified and all will become peaceful and harmonious.

“Son of the [noble] Family, this sutra called 'The Black Lawsuit' was previously blessed by all the past Tathagatas. I am now teaching this just as Those in the past once did. You must keep this and recite it daily. All fear will be dispelled. All legal cases and misfortunes will be turned back. In addition, all disease, causes of disease, all disturbances caused by spirits, all negative energy caused by bad years and months, and all negative predictions will be dispelled.”

Then Manjushri stood up from His seat and addressed the Bhagawat, “What shall be the name of this sutra and how should we practice it?”

[The Bhagawat] replied, “ Manjushri, this sutra shall be named 'The Black Lawsuit.'”

Manjushri proclaimed:

“Good, good. I will protect all who keep this great and profound sutra. I will save them. I will dispel all the harsh words of others.”

[Then the Bhagawat] said:

“Whenever you are involved with a legal dispute, you should recite this sutra seven times [and] meditate on Manjushri. By doing so, your opponent’s anger will be completely dissolved. Moreover, your words will have power and influence so that whatever you say will be respected and held to be true.”

When the Bhagawat had said this, the upasaka Endowed With Beauty and the world with its Devas, humans, Asuras, and Gandharvas rejoiced [and] had faith in the words spoken by the Bhagawat.

[Thus] the Arya Mahayana Sutra called the Black Lawsuit is completed.

viewtopic.php?f=43&p=454690&sid=58f35e9 ... 10#p454690

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”