Coronavirus outbreak in China

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
FromTheEarth

Re: Coronavirus outbreak in China

Post by FromTheEarth » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:21 pm

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.
Anyways, speaking to some of my family members about it, there appears to be an obvious pattern of many diseases being possibly directly triggered from the massive slaughters of animals for meat consumption. Recent examples include: mad cow disease, SARS outbreak, swine flu, chicken avian flu... etc. Maybe that is a big hint / Karma forces at play here?
I just watched netflix documentary s02e04 The Next Pandemic, and would personally recommend it.
Regarding the coronavirus outbreak this time, it probably started with people consuming the so-called "bush-meat," e.g., bats, snakes. However, the main cause was that the municipal and provincial governments intentionally withheld information from the public and the central authorities to the extent that once the outsiders discovered the truth, it has already been too late to contain the spread of the disease.
Quarantining a city of 11 million people is unprecedented. But at this moment, this measure will not be enough. The peak of outbreaks is expected to be late Feb to early Mar.

rory

Post by rory » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:28 am

From the Earth: I will burn incense and pray to Yakushi Nyorai,Medicine Buddha, at my altar for the people of Wuhan.
gassho
Rory
Namu Kanzeon Bosatsu
Chih-I:
The Tai-ching states "the women in the realms of Mara, Sakra and Brahma all neither abandoned ( their old) bodies nor received (new) bodies. They all received buddhahood with their current bodies (genshin)" Thus these verses state that the dharma nature is like a great ocean. No right or wrong is preached (within it) Ordinary people and sages are equal, without superiority or inferiority
Paul, Groner "The Lotus Sutra in Japanese Culture"eds. Tanabe p. 58
https://www.tendai-usa.org/

mairuwen

Post by mairuwen » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:10 am

Offering prayers for China, for people around the world affected by the virus and especially for the inhabitants of Wuhan. Some of the stories of desperation and even suicide coming out of there are really pretty awful.

Praying for the medical staff in Wuhan who doing such self-sacrificing work to care for people and save lives. Praying for Dr Li Wenliang and that his example of courage and heroism can be a positive influence on China's future.

At the moment, sort of looking for signs of hope and goodness- which really do exist- but at the same time worrying that even after the virus subsides, there will be a lingering sense of fear, more resentment and suspicion between China and other countries and so on.

It's a very small personal thing- but quarantine is a chance to focus more on meditation.

Injrabodi

Post by Injrabodi » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Uncanny similarity of unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120
and Gag

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf
A team of virologists out of Acharya Narendra Dev College and the University of Delhi have found four instances of HIV DNA being inserted into this 2019 strand of the Corona virus.

China also has one military facility for genetic research and it's stationed in Wuhan.

Norwegian

Post by Norwegian » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Injrabodi wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:41 pm
Uncanny similarity of unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120
and Gag

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf
A team of virologists out of Acharya Narendra Dev College and the University of Delhi have found four instances of HIV DNA being inserted into this 2019 strand of the Corona virus.
This claim is not supported by science. In fact, it is junk science. I'm not going to paste what other reputable virologists have said (because there's a lot, and the language is technical), but in short, the Indians are getting blasted for not understanding the tools they've used. So, to be brief, forget everything you read related to this, as it's the result of people not understanding the work they did, and then it's being spread in conspiracy corners of the Internet, where it is used to spread fear, paranoia, hate, and so on.
China also has one military facility for genetic research and it's stationed in Wuhan.
BSL-4 labs are all over the world, so this is really quite meaningless. You know what else is in Wuhan? Wetmarkets. With exotic wildlife sold there for consumption.

The COVID-19 disease is caused by the SARS-CoV2 virus. This is is a virus in the Coronaviridae family, a family of viruses that we're all very familiar with, since most of us have had colds before (most commonly via a Rhinovirus, a Coronavirus, or certain other viruses). COVID-19 is a zoonotic disease, and most likely from bats (who are quite often carriers of all kinds of funky diseases).

The problem as I've mentioned before here (and as countless of other people have too throughout the years), is that humans go overboard in their diets, and eats too exotic meat. Basically if you want to eat meat, you should stick to properly farmed meat, from familiar animal groups. Don't eat everything that moves. Just don't. Stop eating civets, bats, pangolins, monkeys, apes, snakes, and so on. They are very often carriers of ugly, ugly diseases.
"The Guru is the Buddha, the Guru is the Dharma,
The Guru is the Sangha too,
The Guru is Śrī Heruka.
The All-Creating King is the Guru."

-- The Secret Assembly Tantra

weitsicht

Post by weitsicht » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:34 pm

This picture by Saky Trizin has been shared on Instagram
for protection against Corona Virus
88181621_137393207578680_477493436287480388_n[1].jpg
insta: #sakyatrizin
88181621_137393207578680_477493436287480388_n[1].jpg (195.39 KiB) Viewed 2513 times
Ho! All the possible appearances and existences of samsara and nirvana have the same source, yet two paths and two results arise as the magical display of awareness and unawareness.
HO NANG SRI KHOR DAE THAMCHE KUN ZHI CHIG LAM NYI DRAE BU NYI RIG DANG MA RIG CHOM THRUL TE

Aemilius

Post by Aemilius » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:43 am

I watched a video of a russian youngman visiting Hubei in China. The streets are pretty empty. One doesn't want to suffer oneself, and thus one must wish that others be free of suffering and its causes also. I don't believe in the bat-theory. Nature experiments with new genetic mutations all the time, it is just a matter of time when a new bacteria or virus is generated. Stephen Hawkins made several predictions about the future before his death, one of them was that a new deadly bacteria or virus will appear. You can find them in the internet or youtube, if you are interested.

svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)

Presto Kensho

Post by Presto Kensho » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:56 pm

I pray that, in the future, the Chinese government will be more transparent in dealing with outbreaks of disease, and will not punish or suppress medical professionals who attempt to alert the public. I also pray that, in Western countries, people of Asian descent will not be targeted for hate crimes.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”