Prayers please

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
GarcherLancelot

Prayers please

Post by GarcherLancelot »

Ok,so I get a bit paranoid around 2/3 months ago,because I originally have some magical thinking OCD issues ,that and I hthnk I somehow recalled LoA ,it turned into Pure OCD,which means I get a bit paranoid about bad things happening to other people if I do or do not do certain things which is unrelated but related to my interests most of the time,it is as if I am getting trolled by myself.

Basically,this condition is trying to scare me to give up my hobbies or things like that because when I accidentally think that doing so might cause soemthing really bad to happen,and then I worried about whether would it happen which in turn makes me worried about whether the worry would manifest as some sort of curse or not.

You see my problem is somewhat weird(and it is not only psychological but also somewhat a metaphysical thing that i think I need to figure it out) and I am not sure who can actually help me.So can anyone pray for me,actually I am not exactly a mahayanist ,so can you tell what prayers can be use for me?

Thnks.

:alien:
Qian Zheng Yi

Re: Prayers please

Post by Qian Zheng Yi »

I pray that you find happiness and peace.
:namaste:
plwk

Post by plwk »

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .than.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...there should arise fear, terror, or horripilation, then on that occasion you should recollect Me:
'Indeed, the Blessed One is worthy & rightly self-awakened, consummate in knowledge & conduct, well-gone, an expert with regard to the world, unexcelled as a trainer for those people fit to be tamed, the Teacher of divine & human beings, awakened, blessed.'
For when you have recollected Me, whatever fear, terror, or horripilation there is will be abandoned.

"If you can't recollect Me, then you should recollect the Dhamma:
'The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One, to be seen here & now, timeless, inviting verification, pertinent, to be realized by the wise for themselves.'
For when you have recollected the Dhamma, whatever fear, terror, or horripilation there is will be abandoned.

"If you can't recollect the Dhamma, then you should recollect the Sangha:
'The Sangha of the Blessed One's disciples who have practiced well... who have practiced straight-forwardly... who have practiced methodically... who have practiced masterfully — in other words, the four types of noble disciples when taken as pairs, the eight when taken as individual types — they are the Sangha of the Blessed One's disciples: worthy of gifts, worthy of hospitality, worthy of offerings, worthy of respect, the unexcelled field of merit for the world.'
For when you have recollected the Sangha, whatever fear, terror, or horripilation where is will be abandoned.

Why is that?
Because the Tathagata — worthy & rightly self-awakened — is devoid of passion, devoid of aversion, devoid of delusion.
He feels no fear, feels no terror, feels no dread. He doesn't run away."
GarcherLancelot

Post by GarcherLancelot »

hi thanks ,could my problem be considered as superstition?
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May GarcherLancelot be freed from his fears and mental afflictions. May he be led to a good doctor to help him. May he rest in the comfort and peace of his mind. May no harm come to him or any being. May he constantly be protected by the 21 Taras and their infinite emanations and by all the dewas who pledged their support and help to Shakyamuni Buddha and his followers.

If you are more inclined to Theradava then the Metta prayer/meditation/chant. Also ask the monks about reciting protection verses from the Suttas.

THADYTA OM BEYKANZE BEYKANZE MAHABEYKANZE BEYKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
OM MANI PEDME HUNG
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”