Ticks

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
avatamsaka3

Ticks

Post by avatamsaka3 »

So I'm wondering: How did all these old yogis and forest meditators avoid ticks when meditating out in nature? Were there just less ticks back then? Were there just fewer tick-borne diseases? Or did they have the special tick repelling instructions?
Malcolm

Re: Ticks

Post by Malcolm »

avatamsaka3 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:49 am So I'm wondering: How did all these old yogis and forest meditators avoid ticks when meditating out in nature? Were there just less ticks back then? Were there just fewer tick-borne diseases? Or did they have the special tick repelling instructions?
When one reaches a certain level of samadhi, lice, ticks, etc., naturally leave the body.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

Malcolm wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:57 am
avatamsaka3 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:49 am So I'm wondering: How did all these old yogis and forest meditators avoid ticks when meditating out in nature? Were there just less ticks back then? Were there just fewer tick-borne diseases? Or did they have the special tick repelling instructions?
When one reaches a certain level of samadhi, lice, ticks, etc., naturally leave the body.
I thought for yogis and ngakpas, the lice and ticks were dakinis and thus one reason not to cut hair?
avatamsaka3

Post by avatamsaka3 »

What's that level? Where is this stated? Why does this happen?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

avatamsaka3 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:39 am
What's that level? Where is this stated? Why does this happen?
When one reaches strong heat on the path of application.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tenma wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:57 am
Malcolm wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:57 am
I thought for yogis and ngakpas, the lice and ticks were dakinis and thus one reason not to cut hair?
Never heard that.

Return to “Meditation”