Kundalini Awakening vs Buddhist Awakening

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
madhusudan

Re: Kundalini Awakening vs Buddhist Awakening

Post by madhusudan »

Without bodhicitta you've got zero. Good luck to all.
Anonymous X

Post by Anonymous X »

madhusudan wrote:Without bodhicitta you've got zero. Good luck to all.
What does that mean?
madhusudan

Post by madhusudan »

Thanks for the question. I'm not a very good communicator, as you might have guessed! My statement was in reference to the title of the thread.

Some spiritual people can enter into a deviation that is an obsession with siddhi. Also, because we live in the West, and during a dark age, people tend toward the nihilist side of things, hence an unhealthy focus on physical, material chakras, sensations and experiences instead of immaterial, inexpressible, sublime dharma.

So, I was expressing the opinion that to focus merely on the 'energy work' side without bodhicitta is to not even begin the path. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Siddhis do not make one a Saint. Bodhicitta does.
Anonymous X

Post by Anonymous X »

madhusudan wrote:Thanks for the question. I'm not a very good communicator, as you might have guessed! My statement was in reference to the title of the thread.

Some spiritual people can enter into a deviation that is an obsession with siddhi. Also, because we live in the West, and during a dark age, people tend toward the nihilist side of things, hence an unhealthy focus on physical, material chakras, sensations and experiences instead of immaterial, inexpressible, sublime dharma.

So, I was expressing the opinion that to focus merely on the 'energy work' side without bodhicitta is to not even begin the path. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Why focus on either one? I don't know what spiritual people means, either. What are you trying to accomplish?
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

madhusudan wrote:Thanks for the question. I'm not a very good communicator, as you might have guessed! My statement was in reference to the title of the thread.

Energy and clarity are two sides of the same coin. Bodhichitta naturally arises with true energy work. It is all about dropping the attachments that block and obscure the (energy) flow.
Dreama

Post by Dreama »

Someone had posted that if they had questions to on them.i have a issue . I don’t know what I am experiencing . I have very strong 7 year periods. Even as a child I felt meditating especiallyin the woods was my get- right. I have had no teacher , live in a place with no gurus to learn from. What I have read as The kundalini awakening is not what is going on ( I am on my 49thyear) isnot going on. The best I can associate with it is something that happened about my14-15 year. Which seems very younger to have any awakening.( I contributed it at the time as being saved penacostal upbringing) it was not onlyemotional and mentalbit physical.memories of my past lives have always been very strong . I am sorry if this is the wrong way to ask but if anyone could give insight I would appreciate it. I currently don’t meditate much. Just a cry for help. Please send me a private message.
SunWuKong

Post by SunWuKong »

I feel it's wrong to have a bias, a closed mind about where the Path goes, if a person develops siddhis quite incidentally, in other words, if it is a involuntary by-product of being on the Path, then the inclination to reject and condemn it seem misguided. As well as misleading and unhelpful to people who are developing in such a fashion. I'm not sure by what authority you pass such judgement. As far as "kundalini awakening" - well all that is, it's merely a psychic sensitivity to what awakening looks like to those people. It's not a thing to cling to, this psychic awareness, and not at all necessary, but to condemn is (once again) misguided.
"We are magical animals that roam" ~ Roam

Return to “Meditation”