Kundalini Awakening vs Buddhist Awakening

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
madhusudan

Re: Kundalini Awakening vs Buddhist Awakening

Post by madhusudan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:18 am

Without bodhicitta you've got zero. Good luck to all.

Anonymous X

Post by Anonymous X » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:11 am

madhusudan wrote:Without bodhicitta you've got zero. Good luck to all.
What does that mean?

madhusudan

Post by madhusudan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks for the question. I'm not a very good communicator, as you might have guessed! My statement was in reference to the title of the thread.

Some spiritual people can enter into a deviation that is an obsession with siddhi. Also, because we live in the West, and during a dark age, people tend toward the nihilist side of things, hence an unhealthy focus on physical, material chakras, sensations and experiences instead of immaterial, inexpressible, sublime dharma.

So, I was expressing the opinion that to focus merely on the 'energy work' side without bodhicitta is to not even begin the path. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Lhasa

Post by Lhasa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Siddhis do not make one a Saint. Bodhicitta does.

Anonymous X

Post by Anonymous X » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:27 am

madhusudan wrote:Thanks for the question. I'm not a very good communicator, as you might have guessed! My statement was in reference to the title of the thread.

Some spiritual people can enter into a deviation that is an obsession with siddhi. Also, because we live in the West, and during a dark age, people tend toward the nihilist side of things, hence an unhealthy focus on physical, material chakras, sensations and experiences instead of immaterial, inexpressible, sublime dharma.

So, I was expressing the opinion that to focus merely on the 'energy work' side without bodhicitta is to not even begin the path. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Why focus on either one? I don't know what spiritual people means, either. What are you trying to accomplish?

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:11 pm

madhusudan wrote:Thanks for the question. I'm not a very good communicator, as you might have guessed! My statement was in reference to the title of the thread.

Energy and clarity are two sides of the same coin. Bodhichitta naturally arises with true energy work. It is all about dropping the attachments that block and obscure the (energy) flow.