Looking for people with exp in astral walking

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
Grigoris
Global Moderator

Re: Looking for people with exp in astral walking

Post by Grigoris » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:33 am

Oh, it is very much on topic. You see we are in the meditation section of a Buddhist forum and the topic of discussion is all about kama-tanha / karma-trishna.

Nothing else.

As such, it can only be a cause of suffering.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Amirite wrote:Hello everyone. First I am new to the forums, but I love using forums and am hoping to make friends with fellow practitioners.

So I was wondering if anyone here astral walks and would like to share info on astral walking. I am an astral walker and have spent quite a lot of time astral walking.

I learn new things all the time and would like to find someone who has experience in intensive astral walking, I have so far found one person who has indepth experience, but I think if I found more people would be great.

I am not sure if this this the right sub-forum. Nice to meet everyone
Hi Amirite,

I do not really think of it as astral walking, and in this forum it may be better to say becoming unbound by time and space. What would you like to discuss?

Best,
Jeff

Amirite

Post by Amirite » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:49 pm

Jeff wrote:
Amirite wrote:Hello everyone. First I am new to the forums, but I love using forums and am hoping to make friends with fellow practitioners.

So I was wondering if anyone here astral walks and would like to share info on astral walking. I am an astral walker and have spent quite a lot of time astral walking.

I learn new things all the time and would like to find someone who has experience in intensive astral walking, I have so far found one person who has indepth experience, but I think if I found more people would be great.

Hi Amirite,

I do not really think of it as astral walking, and in this forum it may be better to say becoming unbound by time and space. What would you like to discuss?

Best,
Jeff
I am looking for people who can also control/trigger the "power" in order to enter hell and heaven, brahma world...whether directly from the physical body or going out of body first then go to the desired realm.

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:40 pm

[/quote]I am looking for people who can also control/trigger the "power" in order to enter hell and heaven, brahma world...whether directly from the physical body or going out of body first then go to the desired realm.[/quote]

Those kind of things are traditionally powers gained by mastering the jhana states.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:Oh, it is very much on topic. You see we are in the meditation section of a Buddhist forum and the topic of discussion is all about kama-tanha / karma-trishna.

Nothing else.

Lighten up, dude. :smile:
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:02 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:
Sherab Dorje wrote:Oh, it is very much on topic. You see we are in the meditation section of a Buddhist forum and the topic of discussion is all about kama-tanha / karma-trishna.

Nothing else.

Lighten up, dude. :smile:
This is me being ultra-light in the presence of severe delusion and clinging.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."

Fortyeightvows

Post by Fortyeightvows » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:49 pm

:thumbsup:

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:29 pm

Amirite wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Hi Amirite,

Best,
Jeff
I am looking for people who can also control/trigger the "power" in order to enter hell and heaven, brahma world...whether directly from the physical body or going out of body first then go to the desired realm.
It is not a power, more a "knowing" that there is no separation. If there is the concept of "going" or "going out", one is still subject to the perspective of local body-mind.

Are you trying to access any particular "being" or "beings"?

Best wishes,
Jeff

muni

Post by muni » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:57 am

Amirite said:
I am looking for people who can also control/trigger the "power" in order to enter hell and heaven
Padmasambhava said:
Do not investigate phenomena – investigate the nature of Mind. Once the nature of Mind is discovered, one will know the one thing, whereby everything is self liberated.
Of course this is a dzogchen quote but it shows somehow that there cannot be control of heaven, hell in case they are experienced as phenomena-places. We must find out they are home-made, and how.
That seems to me the only way.
May all beings have happiness and the cause of happiness.
May they be free of suffering and the cause of suffering.
May they never be disassociated from the supreme happiness which is without suffering.
May they remain in the boundless equanimity, free from both attachment to close ones and rejection of others.

Ayu
Former staff member

Post by Ayu » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:17 am

muni wrote:Amirite said:
I am looking for people who can also control/trigger the "power" in order to enter hell and heaven
Padmasambhava said:
Do not investigate phenomena – investigate the nature of Mind. Once the nature of Mind is discovered, one will know the one thing, whereby everything is self liberated.
Of course this is a dzogchen quote but it shows somehow that there cannot be control of heaven, hell in case they are experienced as phenomena-places. We must find out they are home-made, and how.
That seems to me the only way.
From The 37 Practices of a Bodhisattva:

"(22) A bodhisattva’s practice is not to take to mind
Inherent features of objects taken and minds that take them,
by realizing just how things are.
No matter how things appear, they are from our own minds;
And mind-itself is, from the beginning,
parted from the extremes of mental fabrication.

http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/ar ... _litt.html
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

Anders

Post by Anders » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:32 am

Dan74 wrote:

How would this practice help one with liberation from delusion? As far as I know it is not something that either Shakyamuni Buddha nor any other masters taught or recommended.

_/|\_
d
Lots of stuff doesn't help with liberation without needing to be advocated against.

People have hobbies.
"Even if my body should be burnt to death in the fires of hell
I would endure it for myriad lifetimes
As your companion in practice"

--- Gandavyuha Sutra

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:45 am

Anders wrote:Lots of stuff doesn't help with liberation without needing to be advocated against.

People have hobbies.
This actually does come up in certain practices, though I doubt anyone here will ever really be involved with them. Even if it didn't, nothing at all wrong with discussing it.

One other thing - probably more important - is that sometimes very odd things can happen to someone, especially when starting meditation. The best example is probably Robert Monroe who accidentally discovered OOBEs and thought he was going mad. There's also other things like sleep paralysis. It's good to have information out there about this stuff and that it's not something going horribly wrong, as long as it is in a proper, intelligent context.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

Dan74
Founding Member

Post by Dan74 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:42 pm

Anders wrote:
Dan74 wrote:

How would this practice help one with liberation from delusion? As far as I know it is not something that either Shakyamuni Buddha nor any other masters taught or recommended.

_/|\_
d
Lots of stuff doesn't help with liberation without needing to be advocated against.

People have hobbies.
Yes, fair enough. My limited experience with people who practice this sort of thing, suggests that more often than not, it is a 'hobby' that pulls one further into samsara, albeit one of a intangible nature.

greenjonin

Post by greenjonin » Fri May 27, 2016 8:15 am

Before getting into Buddhism, I was involved with the Gnosis movement via Samaul Aun Weor.
He's an acquired taste - he writes in poetic, blunt and cryptic tones with heavily occult Christian and oriental terms - but I must say some of his teachings really helped build a foundation for my understandings, practices and experiences that I am grateful for up to this day. So grateful, that I include him in my merit field.

Although, I've never had a conscious astral projection, I have, however, had a fair few lucid dreams. Within the lucid dreams, when you start to keep awareness of it - moving about (flying or traveling to another place) and remaining in it can take a bit to get used to, but you soon learn the knack of controlling the subtleties of it all. It can be all too easy to lose your awareness and fall back into your dream - your mind like a floating plastic bag in wind - or if you're TOO excited about the experience, it can be enough to actually wake you up out of the 'sleep' state completely.

Samaual mentions astral/lucid dreaming/jinas states a lot throughout his many titles and emphasises this to be a great tool for self-knowledge and development.

My Buddhist twist on it, is that you're working with the subtle minds. And I would consider it most beneficial for those especially that practice death meditations and want to learn more about the bardos in that context.

I've yet to educate myself on the Buddhist interpretations of this type of phenomena, so I apologise if I misspeak or offend others out of my ignorance.
But I've once wondered if the Astral Body that Westerners label and know, can also be the impure illusory body...

Anyways, I would just like to post some interesting excerpts from one of his books on the matter - The Greater Mysteries.
...Our disciples will then be able to walk upon the waters of the seas in the same manner
that Christ did. When Christ walked upon the waters, he did so while his body was in the Jinas state.
This is precisely what is called “Jinas State”. If Peter had not doubted, he would have also been able to walk upon the waters in the “Jinas State”. One needs faith and a little sleep, that is all. With an intense faith and a little sleep, we can place our body in the Jinas State...
...MEDITATION
There are many disciples who in spite of having known many clues to come out in the astral body, did not succeed at learning to come out at will. The failure of these students is due to them having already lost the powers of the astral body. Those students have no other remedy but to subject themselves to the discipline of meditation in order to recover the lost powers. Meditation is a technique to receive information. When the sage sinks into inner meditation, what he seeks is information. The chakras enter into activity with meditation.

Meditation comprises of three phases:
First: Concentration
Second: Meditation
Third: Samadhi.

Before beginning our practice of Concentration, we should sit comfortably. We can also do this exercise in bed. We have to withdraw from the mind all types of earthly thoughts; these thoughts should fall dead at the doors of the temple. Before concentrating, we should make our minds blank to not think of anything. Having filled these requirements,
we then begin our inner Concentration exercise. We separate our minds from the things of the physical world and we direct it inwards, towards the Inner-Self. Remember that your bodies are the temples of the Living God, that the Most High dwells in you. The Most High within us is the Inner-Self. We have to love the Inner-Self. We have to adore
the Inner-Self. We have to pay homage to the Inner-Self. We have to profoundly meditate on the Inner-Self.
Sunk in profound meditation, we should provoke drowsiness; this profound drowsiness will take us to the Samadhi state. We will then exit the body without knowing how, or at what time. This is how we enter the internal worlds.

Dreams are legitimate inner experiences. Meditation will awaken our occult powers. Meditation will provoke fundamental changes in the astral body. Then during normal sleep, there will be instants in which we will be conscious, and later we will be able to say, “I am out of the physical body, I am out of the physical body.” In this manner we will acquire “continuous Consciousness” little by little. Finally, the day will arrive when the student will be able to utilize our clues to come out at will in the astral body. He will have reconquered his lost powers.
During the hours of sleep, all human beings travel in the astral body. Dreams are the astral experiences. We should learn to remember astral experiences. When we wake up from sleep, we will practice a Retrospective Exercise in order to remember all those things that we did during sleep. During sleep, our disciples transport themselves to the White Lodges. During sleep, our disciples travel to remote places. All our disciples should learn how to interpret dreams. Even the most absurd dreams are absolutely symbolic. Internal experiences are interpreted by basing ourselves on the Law of Philosophical Analogies, on the Law of the Analogy of Opposites, on the Law of Correspondences and
on Numerology. The one who wants to advance in these studies should untiringly study the Book of Daniel in the Bible. Daniel’s system teaches us how to interpret inner experiences...
...The physical body of Jesus was submerged into the internal worlds; it remained in the Jinas state; the tomb remained empty...
....This is how he remained resurrected with his body, which in the Jinas state was made visible to the disciples of Emmaus. “And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with
them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.” To the eleven apostles, it seemed impossible that Jesus could have resurrected, and when he stood in the midst of them, and said unto them, “Peace be unto you.” “They were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit;” simply because it seemed impossible to them that a cadaver could have life. “And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.” And in order to completely prove to them that he had a body of flesh and blood, he ate with them at the
table. Later, the Master headed towards Oriental Tibet. He taught and demonstrated to humanity the Doctrine of the Resurrection from the Dead.
SHAMBHALA
Shambhala is a secret country of oriental Tibet. Jesus Christ presently lives there with his same resurrected physical body; he also has his Mystery Temple there. That country is in the Jinas state; the principal monasteries of the White Lodge exist there. Many Masters whose physical bodies are of very ancient ages, and exist in the Jinas state,
live there. When Jesus walked upon the waters, he carried his body in the Jinas state. Any disciple can travel in the same manner. The disciple falls asleep lightly and then, filled with faith, he rises from his bed like a somnambulist, preserving drowsiness. He will then take a jump with the intention of submerging himself into the suprasensible worlds.When he jumps, he will float in the atmosphere; this is called the Jinas state. This is how one floats in space and walks upon the waters. Some succeed immediately, while others take months and even years.
There are monasteries of the White Lodge in the Jinas state in all the corners of the world. In the astral body, or in Jinas, our disciples can visit Shambhala and converse with Christ. A road from the northeast goes from the city of Ghandara until it arrives at the Sita and Bhastani rivers. The two sacred columns are behind these two rivers. Then, there is a lake where an initiated elder guides the traveler to Shambhala, the secret country.
Profane people will never find this country, since it is very well hidden.
There are definitely much more relevant and better quotes from his works, no doubt. But in this moment, I only had limited time and access to one text. I would recommend to pick up some of his works with an open mind if you have time.

Perhaps at a later time I will come back and edit in some more fitting quotes.

Grigoris
Global Moderator

Post by Grigoris » Fri May 27, 2016 8:43 am

Vasana

Post by Vasana » Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 am

1) Make aspirations each and every night that your dreams and sleep occur for the benefit of all sentient beings. Lots of people don't make progress in sleep ,dreams and o.b.e's simply because their aspiration is missing and they're driven only by a mundane or superficial curiosity.

2) Each night, pray and direct your attention to realized beings within the 3 jewels/3 roots who have the siddhis and clairvoyance capable of guiding you in the process of developing dream and subtle /astral awareness. You must however make it very clear that you are willing to use these practices to work on your own afflictions and karma first of all. If you try and skip this stage you can run in to various problems. This point is important. Just as you need a spiritual teacher in waking life, you can really benefit from guidance in the sleeping ,dreaming and subtle side of things. All the better when you aspire only to encounter realized beings whos compassionate nature can coalesce with your own conpasionate aspiration.

3) Your mental,emotional & karmic signature coupled with the state of your Prana and channels and so on will always act as the mediators of experience so dont forget that.
'When alone, watch your mind. When with others, watch your speech'- Old Kadampa saying.

Ayu
Former staff member

Post by Ayu » Fri May 27, 2016 10:13 am

This is an old topic and since it's birth it is controversial, if it fits into a Buddhist forum.
I'll lock it now.
Most probably the OP doesn't read here anymore and also all the best advice has been given.
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

Return to “Meditation”