Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Fri May 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi everybody

I am new to this forum, I am A buddhist by convert, my former religion is Islam, anyway

as a convert Buddhist, I have spend so much time to decide which tradition to follow, and after long search, I have discovered that the most authentic one is Seon Buddhism

so I decided to follow it

any way, I have recently read about Kuji in or hand mudra, I liked this practice and felt its suitable for me, I believe its a buddhist practice, that originated in the sutras, unlike some who think its Taoist..not the topic here anyway

my question, do Seon Buddhist or Korean Buddhist practice Kuji In or hand mudra?

I want to practice it, and still be seon Buddhist

is Tibetan Buddhist do practice Kuji in? I hear they practice hand Mudra, but I am not sure if its same as the nine syllable?

Thanks everybody :thumbsup:

zengen
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 1:38 am
Location: human realm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by zengen » Fri May 29, 2015 11:25 pm

In the Esoteric Schools (i.e. Shingon), mudras are used in the practice.
There is no meaning to cyclic existence.

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 12:17 am

zengen wrote:In the Esoteric Schools (i.e. Shingon), mudras are used in the practice.
I know..is it practiced by tibetans?

is there differences between kuji in and hand mudras by tibetans?

thanks

zengen
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 1:38 am
Location: human realm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by zengen » Sat May 30, 2015 12:25 am

Mudras are practiced in Tibetan Buddhism.
There is no meaning to cyclic existence.

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 12:33 am

zengen wrote:Mudras are practiced in Tibetan Buddhism.
yes I know

what about nin sylable of Kuji in? is it practiced by tibetans?

zengen
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 1:38 am
Location: human realm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by zengen » Sat May 30, 2015 1:35 am

ShineeSeoul wrote: what about nin sylable of Kuji in? is it practiced by tibetans?
I'm not familiar with nin sylable of Kuji as it's not the Dharma Door I practice. Have you tried asking a qualified teacher this question?
There is no meaning to cyclic existence.

Caodemarte
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:40 am

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by Caodemarte » Sat May 30, 2015 2:13 am

Just a note that Zen, Chan, Seon and as far as I know other forms of Buddhism do not require or request conversion.

User avatar
Seishin
Former staff member
Posts: 1833
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by Seishin » Sat May 30, 2015 10:36 am

Kuji in is not part of Korean Buddhism. It is part of Japanese Shugendo and came to Japan from Chinese Taoist practice. Shugendo is is a blend of Buddhism, Taoism, and Shinto.

In gassho
Seishin

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Caodemarte wrote:Just a note that Zen, Chan, Seon and as far as I know other forms of Buddhism do not require or request conversion.
these things actually create misunderstanding that Buddhism doesn't require conversion etc...

if you read the canon, actually it is..and there is even details about it...any way, I don't want to be muslim..I left that religion long time ago..and I am happy buddhist

Saoshun
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by Saoshun » Sat May 30, 2015 3:32 pm

ShineeSeoul wrote:
Caodemarte wrote:Just a note that Zen, Chan, Seon and as far as I know other forms of Buddhism do not require or request conversion.
these things actually create misunderstanding that Buddhism doesn't require conversion etc...

if you read the canon, actually it is..and there is even details about it...any way, I don't want to be muslim..I left that religion long time ago..and I am happy buddhist
That's a bomb ass choice. Practice Usnisa Dharani and mantrayana with mudras, it's cool stuff and very powerful.

:guns:

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Seishin wrote:Kuji in is not part of Korean Buddhism. It is part of Japanese Shugendo and came to Japan from Chinese Taoist practice. Shugendo is is a blend of Buddhism, Taoism, and Shinto.

In gassho
Seishin
I don't believe its taoist as I mentioned it..its mentioned in Vairocanasambodhi sutra

anyway, its a known practice inside Shingon Buddhism..but I was just wondering if any Buddhist in Korea do practice it?

I think there is, because according to chosunninja, a youtuber, Korean buddhist practice Kuji In

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsOXOFb0TWQ


thats why I put this question

Saoshun
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by Saoshun » Sat May 30, 2015 3:46 pm

This guy is christian, not korean buddhist.

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Saoshun wrote:
ShineeSeoul wrote:
Caodemarte wrote:Just a note that Zen, Chan, Seon and as far as I know other forms of Buddhism do not require or request conversion.
these things actually create misunderstanding that Buddhism doesn't require conversion etc...

if you read the canon, actually it is..and there is even details about it...any way, I don't want to be muslim..I left that religion long time ago..and I am happy buddhist
That's a bomb ass choice. Practice Usnisa Dharani and mantrayana with mudras, it's cool stuff and very powerful.

:guns:
Bomb ass choice? islam is not better than Buddhism..the opposite is true actually...someone need to change this thing seriously

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Saoshun wrote:This guy is christian, not korean buddhist.
-
Last edited by ShineeSeoul on Sat May 30, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saoshun
Posts: 638
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by Saoshun » Sat May 30, 2015 3:52 pm

ShineeSeoul wrote:
Saoshun wrote:This guy is christian, not korean buddhist.
if you came here to troll...then stay off this thread..I need genioun information regarding my question..thats it

This guy is Christian, how is this trolling? This guy just playing with ninjitsu which is magic/energy work.

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 3:55 pm

zengen wrote:
ShineeSeoul wrote: what about nin sylable of Kuji in? is it practiced by tibetans?
I'm not familiar with nin sylable of Kuji as it's not the Dharma Door I practice. Have you tried asking a qualified teacher this question?
unfortunatly, there is not teacher I could talk to..I am staying in muslim country..where nothing like this exist

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 3:57 pm

Saoshun wrote:
ShineeSeoul wrote:
Saoshun wrote:This guy is christian, not korean buddhist.
if you came here to troll...then stay off this thread..I need genioun information regarding my question..thats it

This guy is Christian, how is this trolling? This guy just playing with ninjitsu which is magic/energy work.
Oh sorry..Misunderstand you...I was thinking you mean I am christian..sorry for that

but he is Korean? he knows better about his country

plwk
Posts: 2933
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:41 am

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by plwk » Sat May 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Past discussions on the Kuji-In Mudras: 1 2 3 4
my question, do Seon Buddhist or Korean Buddhist practice Kuji In or hand mudra?
I want to practice it, and still be seon Buddhist

is Tibetan Buddhist do practice Kuji in? I hear they practice hand Mudra, but I am not sure if its same as the nine syllable?
I have no idea but you can try out your question in the Seon and Tibetan Buddhism forums respectively or wait for any of them to respond in here...

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 4:51 pm

plwk wrote:Past discussions on the Kuji-In Mudras: 1 2 3 4
my question, do Seon Buddhist or Korean Buddhist practice Kuji In or hand mudra?
I want to practice it, and still be seon Buddhist

is Tibetan Buddhist do practice Kuji in? I hear they practice hand Mudra, but I am not sure if its same as the nine syllable?
I have no idea but you can try out your question in the Seon and Tibetan Buddhism forums respectively or wait for any of them to respond in here...
Thanks

User avatar
ShineeSeoul
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Question about Kuji in/Mudra?

Post by ShineeSeoul » Sat May 30, 2015 4:57 pm

what the differences between these two videos?

the first from Kuji In nine syllable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OkekuujlOE

is the second is tibetan practice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ7PAUlRNSM

is the second is practiced by Japanese shingon Buddhist?

Locked

Return to “Meditation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests