An amazing Meditation

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
Jesse

An amazing Meditation

Post by Jesse »

So, I've decided to begin meditating again.

I just ended my second session in a very very long time.

I clearly saw that everything that arises creates suffering because the moment it arises we grasp on to it, and in doing so it creates the self.

when we become detached from this habitual tendency to grasp ontop everything that arises(feelings, thoughts, perceptions, ideas), peace, joy, compassion, and clarity are just there. The Moment phenomena arise, you see it's real nature; empty.

and without clinging what remains is hard to explain; it's just witnessing, with full understanding, sometimes when something arises you cling to it momentarily, and then you realise in this clinging, we are falling into an illusion similar to a dream, and then clarity returns and the dream ends, all problems cease, because the problem it'self is this sort of laziness; where we allow this deeply embedded tendency to cling onto phenomena to continue endlessly.

Sorry for rambling, it's been a long time since I practiced at all, and this was a very good session. I feel more peaceful than I ever have, so maybe I'm sharing a bit too much.

Anyway, I'm hesitant to post this, but I will anyway.

:rolleye:
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Punya

Re: An amazing Meditation

Post by Punya »

Glad you have taken up meditation again and that you are enjoying the ephemeral moments Jesse.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
Jesse

Re: An amazing Meditation

Post by Jesse »

Punya wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 am Glad you have taken up meditation again and that you are enjoying the ephemeral moments Jesse.
:anjali:

Me too. The meds im on allow me to actually practice again. whereas before it was rather impossible due to certain mental afflictions. :smile:

Left my phone on yesterday and got interrupted haha.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.

Return to “Meditation”