Tibetan Yoga Longevity Practice only 15 minutes a day

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
phantom59

Tibetan Yoga Longevity Practice only 15 minutes a day

Post by phantom59 »

Tibetan Yoga became popular in US after Peter Kelder wrote the book Ancient Secret Of The Fountain Of Youth in 1930, recording the experiences of his friend who spent two years with the Lamas in Tibet and returned with his arthritis and eyesight improved. According to Kelder, Bradford's stay in the lamasery transformed him from a stooped, old gentleman with a cane to a tall and straight young man in the prime of his life. Additionally, he reported that Bradford's hair had grown back, without a trace of gray

http://www.mkprojects.com/pf_TibetanRites.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What makes this form of exercise relevant even today is that practising it takes only 15 minutes and so more professionals are turning to the Tibetan rites.

The Five Rites attract the universal energy into our body, balancing the seven chakras which promote the free flow of prana (chi energy), revitalising the body and mind. They activate endocrine glands and regulate hormonal output.

The first of the five rites requires you to stand erect with arms stretched out in line with your shoulders, palms facing downwards and spin around clockwise, all the while taking deep breaths. The number of turns is gradually increased every day.

Comprising five yoga-like exercises and an energising breathing technique, these rites blend ancient practises and modern needs improves circulation, boosts the immune system and improves the absorption of nutrients and removal of wastes, improves the functioning of the digestive, respiratory, nervous, cardiovascular, endocrine and lymphatic systems.

Your body gets stronger and more flexible. It keeps diabetes and weight in check, improves sleep and relieves backache, arthritis pain and depression.

http://message2.myvideowebstream.com/vi ... Z3HDURU1AP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Benefits
The results reported by participants who did Tibetan yoga for just 15 days were as follows:

Feeling very energetic & youthful so can work better & longer time without tiring.
Concentration & memory improved.
Felt relaxed and better able to cope with stress.
Digestion & quality of sleep improved.
Relief from backache, spondylitis, & arthritis.
Weight, Blood pressure and diabetics brought under control.
Great sense of well-being & overall fitness – no more depression.
Benefits of performing the rites
The Five Tibetan Rites have curative powers and that some of the benefits of regular daily practice include:

Relief from joint pain and arthritis
Relief from back pain & spondelitis
Improved memory
Improved vision
Hair growth
Weight loss
Increase in physical strength, energy, endurance and vigor
Improved physical and mental health
Increased sense of well-being
Sound sleep
Relief from migraine headaches.
Rejuvenation and looking & feeling younger.
m0rl0ck

Re: Tibetan Yoga Longevity Practice only 15 minutes a day

Post by m0rl0ck »

Have you tried them? I wasnt able to stay with them, i would be interested to hear results from someone who did. I prefer my regular yoga routine, it seems to have more flow and is more relaxed. The tibetan yoga routine that you refer to, since it has only 5 or 6 asanas, is very concentrated, not necessarily a good thing imo.
Ride the horse in the direction its going.

~Werner Erhard
Devotee

Re: Tibetan Yoga Longevity Practice only 15 minutes a day

Post by Devotee »

May I ask a question? I do not want to disparage or insult, I'm just really bewildered.

Buddhism strongly teaches the idea of "impermanence," telling us that the physical body will die. And we see that it's true.

Will these exercises prolong lifespan? And if it does, will it at least help in the process of "transition" (dying) (as in, will death not be as physically painful)?

I ask this, because I've encountered teachers of Asian exercise and martial arts (chi gong, tai chi, etc) who say that a healthy physical body, when old, will experience less pain when dying, compared to someone who dies of diseases like cancer, etc. They compare a healthy body to a candle burning down completely and snuffing itself out, and an unhealthy body to a candle with a strong flame that is violently blown out by the wind.

:shrug:

Return to “Meditation”